Shining Epiphany
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Epic Company Called...

+4
Eagle Eye307
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
TerseRat5204
FlareonMaster
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

An Epic Company Called...  Empty An Epic Company Called...

Post by FlareonMaster Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:45 pm

APPLE! Beat that Joe! I will keep this page open so that it can NEVER be deleted! MWHUAHAHAHA Their products are great even if they don't run the company very well...

UPDATE:

In case you are confused by this thread, this thread was made based around a thread that Joe (Nigerian Prince, now "It's a Tarp" and C.J.'s roommate) made last night titled Crapple, which was made so that he could get people to say Apple sucked. He did this by having a pole asking you to vote for Crapple as another name for the company Apple. This thread has since been removed and this one was made to debate his thread. View at your own risk and please have a parental guardian view it with you. Twisted Evil

Last edited by FlareonMaster on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:20 pm; edited 7 times in total
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: FlareonMaster
Clan Tag: V03

https://www.youtube.com/JonOlson94

Back to top Go down

An Epic Company Called...  Empty Re: An Epic Company Called...

Post by TerseRat5204 Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:00 pm

They called you? Was it to get you part of the humancent-iPad?
TerseRat5204
TerseRat5204
Captain
Captain

Xbox Account
Gamertag: TerseRat
Clan Tag: V21

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormageddon, Dark Lord Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:10 am

13-inch: 2.5GHz
2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
4GB 1600MHz memory
500GB 5400-rpm hard drive
Intel HD Graphics 4000

$1199 For apple

15.6 inch
6 GB DDR3 RAM
750 GB 5400-rpm hard drive
Intel HD Graphics 4000

$599 For Acer

QED

P.S. Important Reading
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: No
Gamertag: Too poor to afford one
Clan Tag: Srsly

http://walkingdead.net/perl/euphemism

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:28 am

Nigerian Prince wrote:13-inch: 2.5GHz
Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
4GB 1600MHz memory
500GB 5400-rpm hard drive
Intel HD Graphics 4000

$1199 For apple

15.6 inch
6 GB DDR3 RAM
750 GB 5400-rpm hard drive
Intel HD Graphics 4000

$599 For Acer

QED

P.S. Important Reading

For your information, I run and I7 Core processor MacBook Pro with 8GB of Ram and 750 GB of storage with a 15 inch screen, which came with the full CS6 Adobe Suite and Final Cut Pro X. For being a college student I got a great deal! It was all for about $1,000, which is cheaper than what I spent on my Microsoft Windows 7 PC and it's equipment.

Side Note: My HP 2010 Windows 7 PC runs 1 TB and 6GB of Ram. I use Razer Gaming Equipment with it, which includes the Goliathus XL Mouse Pad, Deathadder Mouse and currently an Azio Gaming Keyboard. Yet I plan on purchasing a Blackwidow Mechanical Pro keyboard soon. My monitor cost $200 and is a 22 inch 1080p screen. All of this together is about $1,500! Breaking that down, $600 for the computer itself, $200 for the monitor, $300 for the equipment that I use to run it, $100 for 1TB External Hard Drive, $200 for programs and about $100 for initial security from Norton for three years, which Mac's don't need really any security. Whereas everything I needed for my Mac came with it for the price, while Windows did not.

Note: I know Norton sucks now, but it was very well praised at the time I did use it. I use Malwarebytes and Windows Essentials instead now.

I think your information must be based on what the Apple Store lists their prices at, which is more than what you can find at your local Best Buy. In fact, you probably were looking at the Retina Display price, which is their high resolution screen, which is definitely worth more money than the average model. Though I didn't need a Retina Display when it already has an awesome screen. Anyway, at the Best Buy in Concord NH, you can get an I5 or I7 Mac for around $600-$1,200 non Retina. Regardless of the price, you get what you pay for and I like the Apple OS more. It is very fast, has a nice compact style and have you looked at their ratings? 4.5 and 5 stars out of 5 according to Amazon ratings.

It all comes down to personal preference and perhaps Mac's are not for gaming on, but they are fantastic for video editing, writing, music development and running multiple programs at once.

I use both a Microsoft Windows 7 and a MacBook Pro OSX everyday except for when I'm not home.

Side Note: Ive had many more issues with my Microsoft PC than I have ever had with my MacBook and I take extrmeley great care of my equipment.

In the end, if you ask anyone in the entertainment field, Mac's are widely more used than PC's which are better for Gaming and Programming on, but fail for editing and music development overall compared to Mac's. This I have a lot of personal experience on.

In other words, both have their weaknesses and both have their advantages. I love to use both and don't think one is that much better than the other.

We could continue to argue about this, but then again we could argue a lot about Xbox VS Playsation, iPhone VS Samsung Galaxy S4, the Presidential Election and whatever else for that matter. Opinions are opinions and my main opinion is that both sides are equal for these matters because each side has many valid points.

Side Note: I own both an Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. I love an use both. I use an iPhone 4S and love it, but also really like Samsung Galaxy's. I use and own both a 3DS and Playstation Vita and enjoy both. I didn't like Romney's arrogance and didn't like some of Obama's ideas and approaches, but we need a President.

Windows: Great for your home for everyday use, gaming, programming and minor editing on.

Mac's: Great for on the go and everyday use. Also great for video editing, writing and minor gaming on.

Jonathan Olson

PS. I am somewhere in South Carolina traveling to Florida and was bored, so thought I would take some time to write a response. haha

Last edited by FlareonMaster on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:00 pm

FlareonMaster wrote:We could continue to argue about this, but then again we could argue a lot about Xbox VS Playsation, iPhone VS Samsung Galaxy S4, the Presidential Election and whatever else for that matter. Opinions are opinions and my main opinion is that both sides are equal for these matters because each side has many valid points.

I agree to an extent when choosing between brands and other variables, but it is possible for hardware to be better or worse (regardless of personal opinion). For example, a computer with 2GB of ram is better than the same computer with only 1GB. So although you can't say for sure that one brand is better than another, you can make an educated guess based on specific products.

Apple uses the same hardware as Dell, HP, and Acer (they all buy their hardware from the same major manufacturing company in Taiwan, Quanta Computer). The only difference is their software and how they market the computers (prices, design, etc).

Personally, I don't like Apple because I believe they overcharge and possess bad business ethics as a company in general (not necessarily any one Apple employee). I think your case is different, Jon, since you got a big discount from your college. But in general, Apple computers are way overpriced.
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account
Gamertag: Parrot Wing
Clan Tag: V01

http://shiningepiphany.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormageddon, Dark Lord Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:03 pm

FlareonMaster wrote:

For your information, I run and I7 Core processor MacBook Pro with 8GB of Ram and 750 GB of storage with a 15 inch screen, which came with the full CS6 Adobe Suite and Final Cut Pro X. For being a college student I got a great deal! It was all for about $1,000, which is cheaper than what I spent on my Microsoft Windows 7 PC and it's equipment.

Side Note: My HP 2010 Windows 7 PC runs 1 TB and 6GB of Ram. I use Razer Gaming Equipment with it which includes the Goliathus XL Mouse Pad, Deathadder Mouse and I plan on purchasing a Blackwidow Mechanical Pro keyboard soon. My monitor cost $200 and is a 22 inch 1080p screen. All of this together is about $1,500. Breaking that down, $600 for the computer itself, $200 for the monitor, $300 for the equipment, $100 for 1TB External Hard Drive, $200 for programs and about $100 for initial security from Norton for three years, which Mac's don't need major security. And yes, I know Norton sucks now, but it was very well praised at the time I did use it. Note: I use Malwarebytes and Windows Essentials instead now.

I think your information must be based on what the Apple Store lists their prices at, which is more than what you can find at your local Best Buy. At the Best Buy in Concord NH, you can get an I5 or I7 Mac for around $600-$1,200. Regardless of the price, you get what you pay for and I like the Apple OS more. It is very fast and has a nice compact style.

It all comes down to personal preference and perhaps Mac's are not for gaming on, but they are fantastic for video editing, writing, music development and running multiple programs at once.

I use both a Microsoft Windows 7 and a MacBook Pro OSX everyday except for when I'm not home.

Side Note: Ive had many more issues with my Microsoft PC than I have ever had with my MacBook and I take extrmeley great care of my equipment.

In the end, if you ask anyone in the entertainment field, Mac's are widely more used than PC's which are better for Gaming and Programming on, but fail for editing and music development overall compared to Mac's. This I have a lot of personal experience on.

In other words, both have their weaknesses and both have their advantages. I love to use both and don't think one is that much better than the other.

We could continue to argue about this, but then again we could argue a lot about Xbox VS Playsation, iPhone VS Samsung Galaxy S4, the Presidential Election and whatever else for that matter. Opinions are opinions and my main opinion is that both sides are equal for these matters because each side has many valid points.

Side Note: I own both an Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. I love an use both. I use an iPhone 4S and love it, but also really like Samsung Galaxy's. I use and own both a 3DS and Playstation Vita and enjoy both. I didn't like Romeny's arrogance and didn't like some of Obama's ideas and approaches, but we need a President.

Windows: Great for your home for everyday use, gaming, programming and minor editing on.

Mac's: Great for on the go and everyday use. Also great for video editing, writing and minor gaming on.

Jonathan Olson

PS. I am somewhere in South Carolina traveling to Florida and was bored, so thought I would take some time to write a response. haha

Did the HP come with a college discount like the mac did? Also, a lot of the things listed under the HP are extra and shouldn't be included in the price.

Also, I have no experience on the video editing software, but how many different programs did you use on the HP?

I did however have hardware problems with my MacBook when I used it (I also take good care of my electronics).
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:11 pm

Eagle Eye307 wrote:
FlareonMaster wrote:We could continue to argue about this, but then again we could argue a lot about Xbox VS Playsation, iPhone VS Samsung Galaxy S4, the Presidential Election and whatever else for that matter. Opinions are opinions and my main opinion is that both sides are equal for these matters because each side has many valid points.

I agree to an extent when choosing between brands and other variables, but it is possible for hardware to be better or worse (regardless of personal opinion). For example, a computer with 2GB of ram is better than the same computer with only 1GB. So although you can't say for sure that one brand is better than another, you can make an educated guess based on specific products.

That is true, however I never stated otherwise either. I mostly was referring to our entertainment value for each device. For example, people prefer Xbox even though PS3 is a better built system.

Apple uses the same hardware as Dell, HP, and Acer (they all buy their hardware from the same major manufacturing company in Taiwan, Quanta Computer). The only difference is their software and how they market the computers (prices, design, etc).

Personally, I don't like Apple because I believe they overcharge and possess bad business ethics as a company in general (not necessarily any one Apple employee). I think your case is different, Jon, since you got a big discount from your college. But in general, Apple computers are way overpriced.

This can be true, but Windows can be overpriced as well. The initial cost, maybe not. However like I stated above, the equipment I wanted/needed to use for my Windows 7 PC cost an additional $300-$600 which I didn't need to spend on towards my Mac. Regarding their company though, that is another story. It is one of, if not the most powerful company in the world and I don't like everything they do either. It was better when Steve was alive, but after his unfortunate passing it has gotten worse. So I stand with you when it comes to the company itself, but I love their products.

My main responses are in bold above in your quote. Oh, also, to add to my post above, we can’t forget that Windows now has Windows 8 (which is debatably worse than Windows Vista) and with that OS we have the Windows 8 Surface Tablet that runs between $600-$1,000 alone. That is $200-$600 more than a 16GB iPad, which a Kindle Fire HD is nearly $200 cheaper than the cheapest iPad which runs for $350. So if it weren’t for Apple to make the iPad big, other tablets would not have come forward. Same goes for the iPhone, being the first major selling Smart phone, which gave other companies the chance to go into that industry too, like Samsung and Droids. So a lot of things would not have happened it it were not for Apple to do it first. So once again, all opinions and preferences between devices anyway.

Now here is a tune for you all to hear regarding the famous Apple VS Micfrosoft debate. Enjoy!

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njos57IJf-0

Nigerian Prince wrote:

Did the HP come with a college discount like the mac did? Also, a lot of the things listed under the HP are extra and shouldn't be included in the price.

Also, I have no experience on the video editing software, but how many different programs did you use on the HP?

I did however have hardware problems with my MacBook when I used it (I also take good care of my electronics).

I actually did get a discount on my HP computer by about $200 when I purchased it from Staples in 2010. It was on sale at the time, but I did not get a discount from a school. I only listed the equipment I use with it though because those products are what I use/need to run the programs I use. Either way, if I did not save that $200, it would still be around $1,500 for everything I needed for it not including the Razer Equipment. This does not include the Razer Equipment though, as that was just extra. I used FX Home, Pinnacle Studios, Sony Vegas, LS Maker, Adobe Premiere and one more program I used for fonts, but I forgot its name. Most of these programs crashed on numerous occasions which led to a lot of lost files.

So which OS did you run with your Mac? If it was before OSX, there were a ton of problems with it.

Last edited by FlareonMaster on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormageddon, Dark Lord Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:24 pm

FlareonMaster wrote:
Eagle Eye307 wrote:

That is true, however I never stated otherwise either. I mostly was referring to our entertainment value for each device. For example, people prefer Xbox even though PS3 is a better built system.

This can be true, but Windows can be overpriced as well. The initial cost, maybe not. However like I stated above, the equipment I wanted/needed to use for my Windows 7 PC cost an additional $300-$600 which I didn't need to spend on towards my Mac. Regarding their company though, that is another story. It is one of, if not the most powerful company in the world and I don't like everything they do either. It was better when Steve was alive, but after his unfortunate passing it has gotten worse. So I stand with you when it comes to the company itself, but I love their products.

My main responses are in bold above in your quote. Oh, also, to add to my post above, we can’t forget that Windows now has Windows 8 (which is debatably worse than Windows Vista) and with that OS we have the Windows 8 Surface Tablet that runs between $600-$1,000 alone. That is $200-$600 more than a 16GB iPad, which a Kindle Fire HD is nearly $200 cheaper than the cheapest iPad which runs for $350. So if it weren’t for Apple to make the iPad big, other tablets would not have come forward. Same goes for the iPhone, being the first major selling Smart phone, which gave other companies the chance to go into that industry too, like Samsung and Droids. So a lot of things would not have happened it it were not for Apple to do it first. So once again, all opinions and preferences between devices anyway.

Now here is a tune for you all to hear regarding the famous Apple VS Micfrosoft debate. Enjoy!

Surface tablet is $500 for a regular tablet version (32GB btw), or $900 for a tablet that runs regular windows apps
Also, android and IOS were in development at the same time, and no one can say with certainty that the smart phone, in it's current form, wouldn't have come about without apple.

Source For Prices
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:28 pm

Nigerian Prince wrote:
FlareonMaster wrote:
Eagle Eye307 wrote:

Surface tablet is $500 for a regular tablet version (32GB btw), or $900 for a tablet that runs regular windows apps
Also, android and IOS were in development at the same time, and no one can say with certainty that the smart phone, in it's current form, wouldn't have come about without apple.

Source For Prices

That doesn't change the fact that the iPhone was still the turning point with smart phones which at the time, Blacberry's and Razr's were the most popular phones. Regarding Surface, I think that tablet is trying to defeat the purpose of a computer. In fact, most tablets are including the iPad, though they are all helpful too. Tablets are tablets.

Also I responded to your post above. My response is in the response to C.J's response.

Last edited by FlareonMaster on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:29 pm

Oh, man.

An Epic Company Called...  Dis%20gon%20be%20good

An Epic Company Called...  Popcorn_yes
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:32 pm

Eagle Eye307 wrote:Oh, man.

An Epic Company Called...  Dis%20gon%20be%20good

An Epic Company Called...  Popcorn_yes

Is that second picture Gus (Dul'e Hill) from Psych? Looks like him. haha
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:33 pm

FlareonMaster wrote:Is that second picture Gus (Dul'e Hill) from Psych? Looks like him. haha

Yes, I believe it is. Razz
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:35 pm

Eagle Eye307 wrote:
FlareonMaster wrote:Is that second picture Gus (Dul'e Hill) from Psych? Looks like him. haha

Yes, I believe it is. Razz

I didn't watch the entire Gif and just realized it zooms in on his face. It is definitely Gus from Psych! I love that show too. Razz New episode Wednesday in fact! Woot! Hopefully I get the USA network at my hotel in Florida...I will find out when I arrive.
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormageddon, Dark Lord Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:47 pm

FlareonMaster wrote:
Eagle Eye307 wrote:

Nigerian Prince wrote:

I actually did get a discount on my HP computer by about $200 when I purchased it from Staples in 2010. It was on sale at the time, but I did not get a discount from a school. I only listed the equipment I use with it though because those products are what I use/need to run the programs I use. This does not include the Razer Equipment though, as that was just extra. I used FX Home, Pinnacle Studios, Sony Vegas, LS Maker, Adobe Premiere and one more program I used for fonts, but I forgot its name. Most of these programs crashed on numerous occasions which led to a lot of lost files.

So which OS did you run with your Mac? If it was before OSX, there were a ton of problems with it.

Snow leopard was the latest I had. Also, one of the reasons I changed to using Windows was Lion apparently was terrible (in terms of being backwards compatible among other things). Also, in my situation, why spend 1000 dollars for something worth 500. An OS is not worth 500 dollars imo.

One last thing. How much did you save on the MacBook you have now, and how did you get that discount?
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Nigerian Prince wrote:Also, in my situation, why spend 1000 dollars for something worth 500. An OS is not worth 500 dollars imo.

Just thought I'd throw in that you can get Windows 7/8 for $60 if you get it discounted, and you can get Ubuntu (which is based off Unix, just like Mac OSx) or another Linux operating system for free.
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:02 pm

Nigerian Prince wrote:
Snow leopard was the latest I had. Also, one of the reasons I changed to using Windows was Lion apparently was terrible (in terms of being backwards compatible among other things). Also, in my situation, why spend 1000 dollars for something worth 500. An OS is not worth 500 dollars imo.

One last thing. How much did you save on the MacBook you have now, and how did you get that discount?

Snow Leopard wasn't the greatest from my experience, but that isn't what they have to offer now. Even if Lion was considered bad at first, it has since been very well praised. Either way, I run 10.8 at the moment and love it. In addition, there were a lot of problems with the MacBook Air a few years back too. To answer one of your questions, my Macbook was retailed at about $1,500 which included the CS5 Suite (at the time, now CS6 which is at least a $1,000 on its own retail) and Final Cut Pro X which is usually $300-$600 on its own depending. I got a special bundle though, which included the I7, 8 GB RAM and 750 GB storage along with those programs. My special bundle/deal came from something called the "Launchbox" from my college.

Finally, my Windows PC at initial cost without anything with it (video editing programs, mouse, keyboard, monitor, extra storage which I needed/wanted for my computer) was around $700-$800 when I purchased it. Being on sale at the time, I managed to buy the bundle with the monitor for around $800 total. This is still without any editing programs, mouse, keyboard and extra storage. So for me, Windows was more expensive than my Apple deal. On an average basis, Apple products are more expensive, but the current generation of Apple's computers are wonderful and have very high praise. Apple is very generous with school deals if you didn't know. There are probably specials through your college too.

UPDATE:

I found the same HP computer that I own on Amazon. Only differences were that the price was closer to $800 when I purchased it, it ran Windows 7 Complete and was an I7.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavillion-p7-1512-Desktop-Black/dp/B00BWGW2FW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_pc_4

Eagle Eye307 wrote:
Nigerian Prince wrote:Also, in my situation, why spend 1000 dollars for something worth 500. An OS is not worth 500 dollars imo.

Just thought I'd throw in that you can get Windows 7/8 for $60 if you get it discounted, and you can get Ubuntu (which is based off Unix, just like Mac OSx) or another Linux operating system for free.

Yeah, that is true. My current Mac OSX was only $20 to upgrade to though from Lion base. However, I don't know the initial cost of my current OS on its own. Also in response to Joe mentioning the OS price difference, I only stated that I preferred my current Mac OS. Never said that I had to spend that much to get it. Razz

Last edited by FlareonMaster on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:12 pm

FlareonMaster wrote:
Eagle Eye307 wrote:

Yeah, that is true. My current Mac OSX was only $20 to upgrade to though from Lion base. However, I don't know the initial cost of my current OS on its own. Also in response to Joe mentioning the OS price difference, I only stated that I preferred my current Mac OS. Never said that I had to spend that much to get it. Razz

The $60 price for Windows is for a full copy (not an upgrade). The nice thing about Windows is that you can install it on virtually any PC (including Macs). In Apple's eyes, it is illegal to install their OS on any non-Apple product, and they do everything they can to prevent it (though there are ways to hack the software, similar to "jail-breaking" an iPhone).
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:16 pm

Eagle Eye307 wrote:
FlareonMaster wrote:
Eagle Eye307 wrote:

The $60 price for Windows is for a full copy (not an upgrade). The nice thing about Windows is that you can install it on virtually any PC (including Macs). In Apple's eyes, it is illegal to install their OS on any non-Apple product, and they do everything they can to prevent it (though there are ways to hack the software, similar to "jail-breaking" an iPhone).

Like I said above, I don't know the initial cost for the Mac OS on its own. And yeah, I don't like Apple's philosophy on that either. So I agree with you regarding the company and their policies, which I said before. Still like their products though.

Note: Jailbreaking is legal, but voids the warranty of the phone/iPod.
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormageddon, Dark Lord Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:17 pm

FlareonMaster wrote:
Nigerian Prince wrote:

Snow Leopard wasn't the greatest from my experience, but that isn't what they have to offer now. Even if Lion was considered bad at first, it has since been very well praised. Either way, I run 10.8 at the moment and love it. In addition, there were a lot of problems with the MacBook Air a few years back too. To answer one of your questions, my Macbook was retailed at about $1,500 which included the CS5 Suite (at the time, now CS6 which is at least a $1,000 on its own retail) and Final Cut Pro X which is usually $300-$600 on its own depending. I got a special bundle though, which included the I7, 8 GB RAM and 750 GB storage along with those programs. My special bundle/deal came from something called the "Launchbox" from my college.

Finally, my Windows PC at initial cost without anything with it (video editing programs, mouse, keyboard, monitor, extra storage which I needed/wanted for my computer) was around $700-$800 when I purchased it. Being on sale at the time, I managed to buy the bundle with the monitor for around $800 total. This is still without any editing programs, mouse, keyboard and extra storage. So for me, Windows was more expensive than my Apple deal. On an average basis, Apple products are more expensive, but the current generation of Apple's computers are wonderful and have very high praise. Apple is very generous with school deals if you didn't know. There are probably specials through your college too.

UPDATE:

I found the same HP computer that I own on Amazon. Only differences were that the price was closer to $800 when I purchased it, it ran Windows 7 Complete and was an I7.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavillion-p7-1512-Desktop-Black/dp/B00BWGW2FW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_pc_4

Eagle Eye307 wrote:

The fact that you got a good discount (there are actually still better deals than that, spec for spec) doesn't negate the apple tax. For most users, an apple laptop is twice the price of a Windows alternative, most of the time (haven't compared desktops but I expect the same).
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:32 pm

My friend Jonathan Geddis got a very similar deal to my own for his own school too, only with the new Retina display MacBook. So it really depends on where you are looking and what sales are on. I never disagreed about them being more expensive in general compared to a Windows PC though Joe.

If you buy directly from Apple you will be paying more than you should, but they aren't as pricey as you make them sound. That doesn't mean they don't usually cost more than a Windows computer though, which they do and you are right. However they are still affordable. If you want a good computer, most people look between $500-$1,000 anyway and Mac's are still within that category.

Also because you mentioned desktops, Windows desktops cost between $300-$1,200 depending on specs. Meanwhile gaming PC's are between $800-$2,500 depending on the model and Windows laptop's are between $200-$1,200 depending on specs.
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormageddon, Dark Lord Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:44 pm

FlareonMaster wrote:My friend Jonathan Geddis got a very similar deal to my own for his own school too, only with the new Retina display MacBook. So it really depends on where you are looking and what sales are on. I never disagreed about them being more expensive in general compared to a Windows PC though Joe.

If you buy directly from Apple you will be paying more than you should, but they aren't as pricey as you make them sound. That doesn't mean they don't usually cost more than a Windows computer though, which they do and you are right. However they are still affordable. If you want a good computer, most people look between $500-$1,000 anyway and Mac's are still within that category.

Also because you mentioned desktops, Windows desktops cost between $300-$1,200 depending on specs. Meanwhile gaming PC's are between $800-$2,500 depending on the model and Windows laptop's are between $200-$1,200 depending on specs.

How often can you upgrade with these deals?
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:51 pm

Nigerian Prince wrote:
FlareonMaster wrote:My friend Jonathan Geddis got a very similar deal to my own for his own school too, only with the new Retina display MacBook. So it really depends on where you are looking and what sales are on. I never disagreed about them being more expensive in general compared to a Windows PC though Joe.

How often can you upgrade with these deals?

You mean if I wanted to upgrade my Mac in, let's say two years? Well student or not, there are back to school sales during August at places like Amazon, Best Buy and Staples. You can sometimes save between $200 and $500. Or Christmas for that matter. Black Friday you can find computers for half off! Just have to know where to look. I always try to go for the better deal man. Razz
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by TerseRat5204 Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:32 pm

Is anyone other than you guys reading EVERY post here?
TerseRat5204
TerseRat5204
Captain
Captain

Xbox Account
Gamertag: TerseRat
Clan Tag: V21

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:39 pm

TerseRat5204 wrote:Is anyone other than you guys reading EVERY post here?

I tend to doubt it. I like to write and had some free time in the car due to traveling. So thankfully Joe got me involved in this debate to kill some time. It has been quite entertaining to say the least. Razz
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormageddon, Dark Lord Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:57 pm

FlareonMaster wrote:
TerseRat5204 wrote:Is anyone other than you guys reading EVERY post here?

I tend to doubt it. I like to write and had some free time in the car due to traveling. So thankfully Joe got me involved in this debate to kill some time. It has been quite entertaining to say the least. Razz

You get to write, I get to up my post count.
Win Win
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next