Shining Epiphany
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

They Can't Call that Copyright.....right?

3 posters

Go down

They Can't Call that Copyright.....right? Empty They Can't Call that Copyright.....right?

Post by TerseRat5204 Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:00 am

Ok, So my Survival Adventure Series episodes have "The one where" in the title...like how it does on friends.......they can't call it copyright can they?
TerseRat5204
TerseRat5204
Captain
Captain

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: TerseRat
Clan Tag: V21

Back to top Go down

They Can't Call that Copyright.....right? Empty Re: They Can't Call that Copyright.....right?

Post by FlareonMaster Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:07 am

TerseRat5204 wrote:Ok, So my Survival Adventure Series episodes have "The one where" in the title...like how it does on friends.......they can't call it copyright can they?

Domain names (including phrases) can be copyrighted if it is a title of a name. If you are calling it that, it is possible -- but I tend to assume you are only asking this because you might wish to earn money off of your series. All you have to do is a Google search to confirm, but if it is concerning you then perhaps you should decide on a different name rather than a similar title as Friends episodes names.

However if you aren't earning money/planning to earn money on YouTube (which requires a legitimate account of 18 + meaning someone else you know would have to have access) then I wouldn't worry about it regardless. Most likely on YouTube your videos won't be taken down unless you break the rules/law of putting ads on it to earn profit while using copyrighted material or if a certain company owning the rights to said copyrighted material tends to remove videos (usually a song) using their content which doesn't happen often on YouTube. It usually only happens on big releases, leaked trailers and so forth.
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account
Gamertag: FlareonMaster
Clan Tag: V03

https://www.youtube.com/JonOlson94

Back to top Go down

They Can't Call that Copyright.....right? Empty Re: They Can't Call that Copyright.....right?

Post by TerseRat5204 Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:10 am

So, aslong as I don't make an episode with "THE SAME EXACT TITLE" from a friends episode, then I should still be able to do the money thing?
TerseRat5204
TerseRat5204
Captain
Captain

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:12 am

TerseRat5204 wrote:So, aslong as I don't make an episode with "THE SAME EXACT TITLE" from a friends episode, then I should still be able to do the money thing?

Technically yes, but be careful what you title it either way. For example, we call our series "The Halo Games" which uses "Halo" in the title, but is clearly a different name.
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account
Gamertag: FlareonMaster
Clan Tag: V03

https://www.youtube.com/JonOlson94

Back to top Go down

Post by TerseRat5204 Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:17 am

alright then, I must say. It would be a shame to cancel such a series. I deal with some explosive sheep XD
TerseRat5204
TerseRat5204
Captain
Captain

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:32 pm

FlareonMaster wrote:
TerseRat5204 wrote:So, aslong as I don't make an episode with "THE SAME EXACT TITLE" from a friends episode, then I should still be able to do the money thing?

Technically yes, but be careful what you title it either way. For example, we call our series "The Halo Games" which uses "Halo" in the title, but is clearly a different name.

I Agree That pretty much covers it.
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account
Gamertag: Parrot Wing
Clan Tag: V01

http://shiningepiphany.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down