Shining Epiphany
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The exploding TV of death and similarly themed adjectives!?

5 posters

Go down

The exploding TV of death and similarly themed adjectives!? Empty The exploding TV of death and similarly themed adjectives!?

Post by ChockaMook Thu May 24, 2012 3:34 am

The following is based upon a true story:

Once upon a time there was a basement troll named Greg (a random name chosen to obscure the actual kid's real name, as following normal anonymity protocol) who purchased a television online because he was too lazy to drive to Walmart. This TV had guaranteed free, 3-day shipping. After two years, Greg called the company, which we will call "Oldyolk", to find out what happened. Turns out the TV got shipped to Thailand by mistake, and an Asian gutted it to use as a canoe in the rainy season, and used the included power chord to resuscitate a dying Asian emperor. As a reward, the little Asian man was given a shiny new Japan, which he renamed "Rapture" and sun into the ocean for pure entertainment. Because of this, Greg was forced to demand a refund from Oldyolk, who accused Greg of helping an insane Asian. After a long legal battle, Greg won his lawsuit, and received a new TV, which had guaranteed free 2100 day shipping. Greg died of old age, and his son, Bojackson received the TV. However, the TV had a bright spot fight in the middle of the screen which was very distracting, especially while playing "Ringo Bleach", a popular FPS on a popular game console, the "Y-Cube". So the brave young Bojackson was forced to return to the courtroom to get a television that actually worked. But then, and anonymous evil country, "North Moria" developed nuclear weapons and destroyed the whole world in wild attention seeking move. But then the world exploded, the end.

ChockaMook
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

The exploding TV of death and similarly themed adjectives!? Empty Re: The exploding TV of death and similarly themed adjectives!?

Post by TerseRat5204 Thu May 24, 2012 8:33 am

I don't really think this story applies to real life.

A) A person shouldn't be dumb enough to buy a TV online because you'll never know the current condition when you send it.

B) Companies don't make mistakes on shipping addresses but they do forget to include things that go along with your ITEM. (When I bought HeartGold, I was supposed to get a limited edition Ho-Oh figure, they forgot to ship it. I complained, got a full refund of 50 dollars, then I got to keep the game.)

C)It doesn't take two years to ship something

D)Asians are to smart for canoes

E) His reward for resurrecting the emperor would have been riches, not and Island

F) Asians don't insane unless they cancel a very important episode of Pokemon

G)It doesn't take 2100 days to ship a stinking 30 pound television

H) Y-cube wasn't an amusing joke. You are ripping off the GameCube which was ONE of my favorite consoles

I)North Moria isn't real, and it will never be formed

J) If they destroyed the world, they would kill themselves too. Unless they are Terrorists, I do not believe a country with a leader that idiotic would be allowed to form on earth.

K) No Ones every cool enough to witness the world ending before their eyes.

L) In this story you said 2100 day shipping, that's a little under 7 years. You mean to tell me "Greg" died withing 7 years of buying a television of old age?

M) Ringo Bleach would not be a popular game. No American would buy it, they story line would be horrible along with multiplayer.

N) When an American is bored, they go to the local middle school and act like d*cks

O) You cant recreate a country

P)BoJackson would not be the name of someone in the near future

Q) You said once upon a time, they way this story is told is suggesting it was in present tense? You lost at TV

R) I'm Running out of letters of the alphabet so I will be cutting short on your so many errors and only put down the important ones.

S) You missed a comma, my language arts teacher would shoot you this late in the year for making that error

T)2100 should be 2,100. When you say 2,100 like this (2100) It makes you think its a year, not the actual number.

U)It should not be Oldyolk it should be Oldy Oak.

V) The period before the last sentence should be taken out and replaced with a comma

W) Delete the comma before "The End" and put a period before "The"

X) If the sun was in our ocean, we would all be dead. Congrats, you killed the human race

Y)Shipping is only free with 5 days of shipping

Z) I had an entire alphabet of errors and I got you to read it.
TerseRat5204
TerseRat5204
Captain
Captain

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: TerseRat
Clan Tag: V21

Back to top Go down

The exploding TV of death and similarly themed adjectives!? Empty Re: The exploding TV of death and similarly themed adjectives!?

Post by Eagle Eye307 Thu May 24, 2012 1:02 pm

TerseRat5204 wrote:I)North Moria isn't real, and it will never be formed

TerseRat5204 wrote:it will never be formed

I beg to differ, good sir.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA! Twisted Evil

On another note, I love this thread. Lulz
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account
Gamertag: Parrot Wing
Clan Tag: V01

http://shiningepiphany.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Salmarnir Thu May 24, 2012 3:43 pm

I have a few replies.

TerseRat5204 wrote:I don't really think this story applies to real life.

A) A person shouldn't be dumb enough to buy a TV online because you'll never know the current condition when you send it.

If you buy it new, it shouldn't matter.

B) Companies don't make mistakes on shipping addresses but they do forget to include things that go along with your ITEM. (When I bought HeartGold, I was supposed to get a limited edition Ho-Oh figure, they forgot to ship it. I complained, got a full refund of 50 dollars, then I got to keep the game.)

They are humans, they can make mistakes.

C)It doesn't take two years to ship something

Unless that something is a ship. It could take years to ship a whole ship.

D)Asians are to smart for canoes

True.

E) His reward for resurrecting the emperor would have been riches, not and Island

Says who?

F) Asians don't insane unless they cancel a very important episode of Pokemon

Again, I agree.

G)It doesn't take 2100 days to ship a stinking 30 pound television

Those online stores love to stick you with bad shipping. It happens.

H) Y-cube wasn't an amusing joke. You are ripping off the GameCube which was ONE of my favorite consoles

He actually was ripping off the "X-box".

I)North Moria isn't real, and it will never be formed

In Lord of the Rings, it is real.

J) If they destroyed the world, they would kill themselves too. Unless they are Terrorists, I do not believe a country with a leader that idiotic would be allowed to form on earth.

Destroy the world doesn't literally mean obliterate the planet.

K) No Ones every cool enough to witness the world ending before their eyes.

Mitty is.

L) In this story you said 2100 day shipping, that's a little under 7 years. You mean to tell me "Greg" died withing 7 years of buying a television of old age?

He must have come down with a fatal illness or died of shock when witnessing the return of Rebecca Black.

M) Ringo Bleach would not be a popular game. No American would buy it, they story line would be horrible along with multiplayer.

I hear it might have decent DLC.

N) When an American is bored, they go to the local middle school and act like d*cks

I've been bored before, and I have never done such a thing. I go to Best Buy and act like a jerk.

O) You cant recreate a country

Yes you can.

P)BoJackson would not be the name of someone in the near future

What if I name one of my kids that? It's a valid name.

Q) You said once upon a time, they way this story is told is suggesting it was in present tense? You lost at TV

!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@# MITTY !@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#

R) I'm Running out of letters of the alphabet so I will be cutting short on your so many errors and only put down the important ones.

What a Face

S) You missed a comma, my language arts teacher would shoot you this late in the year for making that error

You've missed 12 periods so far.

T)2100 should be 2,100. When you say 2,100 like this (2100) It makes you think its a year, not the actual number.

I thought it was a number.

U)It should not be Oldyolk it should be Oldy Oak.

Those are two different names.

V) The period before the last sentence should be taken out and replaced with a comma {PUT A PERIOD HERE}

You should remember your own periods.

W) Delete the comma before "The End" and put a period before "The"

AGAIN WITH THE PERIOD.

X) If the sun was in our ocean, we would all be dead. Congrats, you killed the human race

Really? It's just a period. How hard can it be?

Y)Shipping is only free with 5 days of shipping

PERIODS ARE FREE AND YOU WON'T USE ONE.

Z) I had an entire alphabet of errors and I got you to read it.

This last one is not actually an error. Therefore, you still need one more.

Along with C.J., I too enjoy this thread.
Salmarnir
Salmarnir
General
General

Xbox Account
Gamertag: Mr Brandybuck
Clan Tag: V25

Back to top Go down

Post by Applepie533 Thu May 24, 2012 7:26 pm

I like the story. poor Greg and his son Bojangles. Now we know not to buy a tv online or this might happen to you!
Applepie533
Applepie533
General
General

Xbox Account
Gamertag: Applepie533
Clan Tag: V02

https://shiningepiphany.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by TerseRat5204 Thu May 24, 2012 11:22 pm

All in all, the story was dry. The main conflict of it was not a gripping as something like being sent into an arena to fight kids your own age or younger OR a plane crash OR even vampires in love. Twilight was better than that story. That's saying something. I'm not trying to be mean. It's just, I'm a "Perfectionist"
TerseRat5204
TerseRat5204
Captain
Captain

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Salmarnir Fri May 25, 2012 12:10 am

Twilight has no legal battles or nuclear weapons.

BOOM. Mind blown.

Salmarnir
Salmarnir
General
General

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by TerseRat5204 Fri May 25, 2012 8:27 am

You realize that the twilight story was more entertaining that the movie. By that I mean the movie was better that his story. The movie stunk. It was an insult Rolling Eyes
TerseRat5204
TerseRat5204
Captain
Captain

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Fri May 25, 2012 10:42 am

Terse, why do you hate this guy's story so much? Sure it isn't professional or anything, but I think it's a funny random story. It's not supposed to compete with novels such as The Hunger Games or even Twilight.
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account
Gamertag: Parrot Wing
Clan Tag: V01

http://shiningepiphany.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TerseRat5204 Fri May 25, 2012 5:40 pm

Oh no, I'm not.... ok I hate the story. The concept of it escapes my mind. I'm not comparing it to big new york times best sellers. I've seen better and can write better short stories. I'm sorry if it sound mean Neutral
TerseRat5204
TerseRat5204
Captain
Captain

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Salmarnir Sat May 26, 2012 2:24 am

I know the person who wrote it, he's writing a novel.

P.S. I dare you to write a better story haha
Salmarnir
Salmarnir
General
General

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by TerseRat5204 Sat May 26, 2012 11:12 am

Challenge Accepted
TerseRat5204
TerseRat5204
Captain
Captain

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down