Shining Epiphany
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which is the best Video Game Console?

5 posters

Go down

What is your Favorite Video Game Console?

Which is the best Video Game Console? I_vote_lcap89%Which is the best Video Game Console? I_vote_rcap 89% 
[ 8 ]
Which is the best Video Game Console? I_vote_lcap0%Which is the best Video Game Console? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Which is the best Video Game Console? I_vote_lcap0%Which is the best Video Game Console? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Which is the best Video Game Console? I_vote_lcap11%Which is the best Video Game Console? I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

Which is the best Video Game Console? Empty Which is the best Video Game Console?

Post by FlareonMaster Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:00 pm

Ever since the release of the Atari, there has easily been 30 major consoles and debates as to which is the best of them all. Sure there will be many more systems in the future as well, but this is about all systems released from the creation of video game consoles up until the end of 2011. Vote as to which is your favorite based on how well you enjoyed the games made for it and not just overall hardware/style or even graphic engine. It is harder to play a game with bad graphics if you never played it before, but in general graphics shouldn't be a factor here. So what system did you enjoy to play the most? Vote and explain why below! Very Happy

Personal Opinions - You Do Not Need to Read This:

Personally my favorite experiences with video games has been spread out, however I think the Xbox 360 is the best system out there due to the games and the experience of video gaming with close friends. The idea of not having to be at the same location to play is amazing! And yes, I know PS3 and Wii do the same thing, but the style of Xbox to me and the games on the platform had me beat. I mean Halo, CoD, Portal and Gears are great! However the Wii (certain games made this system fun for me, mainly SSBB and Twilight Princess), Gamecube, PS2 and 3DS/DS (3DS has Ocarina of Time remake!) are all close seconds for me. I also thoroughly enjoyed the N64, SNES, PSP and Gameboy Advance over the years. And if anyone cares, the list below is my favorite top ten video game consoles and top ten video games series. Very Happy

My Top 10 Favorite Consoles:

1: Xbox 360

2: Nintendo Wii

3: Nintendo Gamecube

4: Playstation 2

5: Nintendo 3DS/Nintendo DS

6: Super Nintendo

7: Nintendo 64

8: Playstation Portable

9: Gameboy Advanced

10: Xbox

My Top 10 Favorite Video Game Series:

1: Halo Series

Halo Reach/Halo 3

2: The Legend of Zelda Series

Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess/Majora's Mask

3: Super Smash Bros. Series

Super Smash Bros. Brawl/Super Smash Bros. Melee

4: Call of Duty Series

Black Ops Zombies/Modern Warfare 3

5: Mario Kart Series

Mario Kart 7/Mario Kart Double Dash!!

6: Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario 64 DS/Super Mario 3D Land/New Super Mario Bros. Wii

7: Portal Series

Portal/Portal 2

8: Star Wars Battlefront Series

Star Wars Battlefront 2/Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron

9: Mario Party Series

Mario Party 4/Mario Party 8

10: Sonic Series

Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic Unleashed/Sonic Rivals

My Top 10 Favorite Video Games:

1: Halo 3/Halo Reach

2: The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

3: Super Smash Bros. Brawl/Super Smash Bros. Melee

4: Call of Duty Zombies

5: Portal 2

6: The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess/Majora's Mask/Wind Waker

7: Star Wars Battlefront 2

8: Super Mario 64 DS

9: Mario Kart 7

10: Minecraft

Last edited by FlareonMaster on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:51 am; edited 6 times in total
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: FlareonMaster
Clan Tag: V03

https://www.youtube.com/JonOlson94

Back to top Go down

Which is the best Video Game Console? Empty Re: Which is the best Video Game Console?

Post by Eagle Eye307 Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Xbox 360 will win. Razz
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account
Gamertag: Parrot Wing
Clan Tag: V01

http://shiningepiphany.com

Back to top Go down

Which is the best Video Game Console? Empty Re: Which is the best Video Game Console?

Post by Desmond Miles Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:34 pm

my top consoles are the 360 gamecube and the ds and gba

like mw3 but not the multiplayer really but campaign is great and survival and missions multiplayer is one continues death streak and it takes the fun out of it may be just cause i stink but its still really fustrating and skyrim is really cool too lol

Desmond Miles
Desmond Miles
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Xbox Account
Gamertag:
Clan Tag: V06

Back to top Go down

Post by Salmarnir Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:19 pm

My favorite is the 360 even though I don't own one haha
Salmarnir
Salmarnir
General
General

Xbox Account
Gamertag: Mr Brandybuck
Clan Tag: V25

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:18 am

Seems like everyone is agreement on the 360 being their favorites. haha
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:24 pm

FlareonMaster wrote:Seems like everyone is agreement on the 360 being their favorites. haha

As expected.

Even my RA, Cody the PS3 CoD addict, purchased an Xbox 360 over Christmas break. Shocked
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:31 pm

I should make a thread about best video game series and best console controllers too. haha
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Salmarnir Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:17 pm

Controller wise, I'll always love Sony Dual Shocks Razz I still have my original Playstation controller, it works and looks great 10 years later. Shocked
Salmarnir
Salmarnir
General
General

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

I think the feel of the Xbox 360, Gamecube and PS2 controllers were the best. I think IMO Xbox 360 controller is slightly better feel and design and GC and PS2 are tied for me.
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Salmarnir Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:36 pm

Playstation controllers are also one of the original dual analog controllers as well. I don't know why, but when I try to play a game on PS3 versus Xbox, I pick it up faster. I think the perfect controller would be a mix of the two. My friend has one sorta like that for the PS3, I claim it whenever he comes over lol
Salmarnir
Salmarnir
General
General

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:19 pm

PS3's controller is wireless, but to me for some reason, the original PS2 controllers were pretty great. I think the Gamecube/PS2 were the best back then and even today, but the 360 Controller scheme to me feels better. PS3's isn't bad and looks identical to the PS2's, but to me for some reason feels clunkier and not as well made.
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Salmarnir Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:56 pm

I never thought it felt clunky. I agree about the quality though, I think Microsoft has better build quality than Sony in general.
Salmarnir
Salmarnir
General
General

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:15 pm

Polar Frost wrote:I never thought it felt clunky. I agree about the quality though, I think Microsoft has better build quality than Sony in general.

Perhaps it was the one I used then that made it feel clunky, but I think the PS2's controller was better built nonetheless. Wireless is awesome, but I kind of luck wired too. Razz
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:21 pm

Wired is nice because is doesn't cost you a fortune in batteries (or become a pain in the neck recharging them).
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:45 pm

I don't get that problem due to charge and play kits. I do have that problem with Wii remotes though and since I am replaying Twilight Princess (and or using it for Gamecube games/Brawl) that is annoying.
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by jcabo Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:58 pm

uhhhh. where is PC????? you can have any game u want on the PC. and u can have skype up to talk to ppl playing different games on completely different systems, you have a choice for what you want to use to listen to music, you can browse the web while playing a game, you can plug in a 360 controller if you rly want, and you can play old school atari and nintendo games in an emulator, what more could u want? oh and when a console is outdated, noone makes games for it anymore. you can keep upgrading a PC indefinately to make newer games work better.
jcabo
jcabo
Corporal
Corporal

Xbox Account
Gamertag: jcabo
Clan Tag: V

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:03 pm

jcabo wrote:uhhhh. where is PC????? you can have any game u want on the PC. and u can have skype up to talk to ppl playing different games on completely different systems, you have a choice for what you want to use to listen to music, you can browse the web while playing a game, you can plug in a 360 controller if you rly want, and you can play old school atari and nintendo games in an emulator, what more could u want? oh and when a console is outdated, noone makes games for it anymore. you can keep upgrading a PC indefinately to make newer games work better.

Agreed, PC gaming is amazing and so can a Smart Phones like iPhone or Droids be, but I decided against adding them as they are not Video Game Consoles even though they are able to play video games, many at that. I would have added those and every other official Video Game Console if the voting booth went above 10. C.J needs to upgrade that if possible some day. Razz

But from what is given, what would your favorite console be Jacob?
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by jcabo Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:56 am

360, you can cross game chat and stream media from a PC attached to the same network while you are playing a game. and the controllers are super comfortable. i havent played the PS3 much, but i got my xbox for 150 used when the ps3 was 200 used. another thing i like obout the xbox is that microsoft encourages people to make independent games for it. i could put a game in the marketplace if i wanted to without being a big company and people would not have to hack it to play it *cough* nintendo DSi *cough*
jcabo
jcabo
Corporal
Corporal

Xbox Account
Gamertag: jcabo
Clan Tag: V

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:18 pm

jcabo wrote:uhhhh. where is PC????? you can have any game u want on the PC. and u can have skype up to talk to ppl playing different games on completely different systems, you have a choice for what you want to use to listen to music, you can browse the web while playing a game, you can plug in a 360 controller if you rly want, and you can play old school atari and nintendo games in an emulator, what more could u want? oh and when a console is outdated, noone makes games for it anymore. you can keep upgrading a PC indefinately to make newer games work better.

PC gaming ftw. Very Happy I would use a PC for gaming all the time if I could afford one that would run games better than my 360.
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:21 pm

Only problem with PC gaming is some games become outdated when upgrading and you need to upgrade to play newer games usually. At least with video game systems you can always play older games as well as new as you can have a new or older system or one that plays all. PC gaming is quite awesome though.
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down