Shining Epiphany
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why The Cod Franchise Sucks

5 posters

Go down

Why The Cod Franchise Sucks Empty Why The Cod Franchise Sucks

Post by doge Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:26 am

Hello, I am Ice. I am here to talk about Cod.

Cod or Call of Duty is a franchise started in 2003. Now here's something unknown, Cod is a complete RIPOFF of Medal Of Honor, started in 1999. Cod is more know though actually, so gives the false sense of it's originality.

It isn't realistic gameplay either, it's a typical "Run and Gun" game, takes no skill whatsover. They'll add in just a couple scenarios of you punching a guy and shoving glass down his throat, but all and all, still nothing.

Cod is made every year, and Halo about 2-3. Halo is an original idea. Cod isn't. Halo takes so long because it takes creativity to create. Cod's plan takes an hour to think of then mindless coding for a while.

Cod isn't new everytime, just a new area, story, guns, and a different skin on enemies.

Now, let's move to the most horrid piece, it's multiplayer.

It's multiplayer consists of hackers, annoying 10 year olds, modders, and campers. Not once you can find a fair game without these people unless you are in a clan with your trusted friends. (Vipers) Everyone uses a modded control.

Now, to strategy. It takes strategy to win Cod? Nah. Hide out of side, snipe people, and call in a chopper to kill everyone. Fun.

It's terrible, it's making kids join the army because they think it's exactly like Cod.

Cod's also ruined countless relationships and harmed a young infant. Great, huh?

Then let's get to Zombies. Zombies is decent, it entertains me for a bit, but is it really all for about the hype? Nah. I mean, it's one of the ONLY original things in the game, but that's all.

Cod sucks. That's final.

I'M OUT
doge
doge
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: The Nibelsnarf
Clan Tag: CJ's Butthole

Back to top Go down

Why The Cod Franchise Sucks Empty Re: Why The Cod Franchise Sucks

Post by Applepie533 Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:09 am

I still think its fun to play.
Applepie533
Applepie533
General
General

Xbox Account
Gamertag: Applepie533
Clan Tag: V02

https://shiningepiphany.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:55 am

COD is awesome in my opinion as well. MW2 was definitely my favorite COD game and then Black Ops due to the epic Zombie mode that keeps on getting better and better. Medal of Honor I used to play before COD and yes, it featured the same idea but the graphics and gameplay never matched COD. Also, you forgot about Spec Ops and Survival for the Modern Warfare series of COD. And the style of the game isn't always the same either. I personally also prefer Halo, but I don't know where you are coming from saying they release a game every 2-3 years. They develop them individually for that long, but the past 4 years there has been a Halo game every year.

2007 - Halo 3
2008 - Halo Wars
2009 - Halo 3 ODST
2010 - Halo Reach
2011 - Halo CE Anniversary
2012 - Halo 4
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account
Gamertag: FlareonMaster
Clan Tag: V03

https://www.youtube.com/JonOlson94

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:19 am

I agree that the campaign isn't that great and is basically the same thing in each game, but I LOVE multiplayer and zombies. Everyone focuses on CoD's bad parts and ignores the features that make it a fun game. The class customization is awesome, allowing you to have tons of personalized classes in which you can change everything from face paint to gun attachments (oh, and there are a TON of different weapons). Also, there are tons of game types including wager matches, competitive playlists, custom games, combat training, etc, which involve varying strategies. My personal favorite is Search and Destroy because once you die, you are out of the round. In MW2 they nailed the feel of the controls and movement that a FPS should have, at least in my opinion. Black Ops took a step backwards in that area but hopefully MW3 will be better.
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account
Gamertag: Parrot Wing
Clan Tag: V01

http://shiningepiphany.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:20 am

In other words Matt, we all disagree with you. Razz
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account
Gamertag: FlareonMaster
Clan Tag: V03

https://www.youtube.com/JonOlson94

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:24 am

It is true that they only change the game in minor ways each year, but that is because they have a formula that works and creates an enjoyable game that hundreds of thousands of gamers enjoy playing. The creators of CoD have made some mistakes such as the overpowered noob-tubes in MW2 and the slightly cartoonish graphics of Black Ops, but all games have elements that could be improved upon and in general the CoD series has so far accomplished what it should, which is to provide entertaining video games to gamers like us. And don't say the formula doesn't work because if it didn't, they woudn't be making BILLIONS of dollars on the series. If you complain that the game is the same all the time and unoriginal, then please answer me this. Do ALL series have to provide totally different games? Why is it not okay to keep updating essentially the same game each year if that is what gamers are buying? After all, Activision is a company and in case you didn't know, a company's purpose is to make money. So who can blame them for continuing to produce a product that makes them billions of dollars? If you want a totally original game then don't buy CoD. It's that simple. Just keep in mind that originality doesn't always mean fun.
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account
Gamertag: Parrot Wing
Clan Tag: V01

http://shiningepiphany.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ddiaxv Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:03 pm

As long as I get to shoot people and build up a good record and rank, it brings amusement to me. Razz
Ddiaxv
Ddiaxv
General
General

Xbox Account
Gamertag: Allen Cainhurst
Clan Tag: V08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content