Shining Epiphany
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of the Dead - Experience and Opinion on Map Pack

2 posters

Go down

Call of the Dead - Experience and Opinion on Map Pack Empty Call of the Dead - Experience and Opinion on Map Pack

Post by FlareonMaster Tue May 03, 2011 2:46 pm

For my first few experiences with the map "Call of the Dead" I saw the solo only opening which I thought was well put together. It is about a 2 minute opening so I recommend everyone to try out solo first to see this and how difficult the map is. Solo is all I have personally tried so far and it was very different indeed to normal zombie maps. Yes, the gamestyle and how to play is the same with some differences, but with this being the largest zombie map made to date and with hardly any camping spots to start with and not to forget a humongous zombie boss version of George Romero, well it is ridiculously hard. However, it is also addictive and very fun.

I am not a pro at zombies, but I do better than the average player does (Average Players: Waves 10-15), due to massive practice with about 10 of our casual Viper Clan members, getting as high as wave 29 so far. However this time around I haven't managed to get past wave 6 on this map and that just tells me how difficult it is. There are some strategies I have already picked up such as a circular technique in the lighthouse, but one thing is certain: It is a slower process with many avenues to take with a higher difficulty.

Call of the Dead isn't meant for any average player, it is meant to be for the harder players IMO who have practiced hardly on all previous zombies maps for Black Ops. This time around, it is definitely meant to be a multiplayer map! As for the rest of the multiplayer maps, Convoy, Stockpile, Zoo and Hotel...

Convoy: Unique compared to previous maps and a good around map. 6 out of 10, personal opinion.

Stockpile: I personally didn't care for this map at all, too much like previous maps such as Discovery or Grind. 4 out of 10, personal opinion.

Zoo: Now this is a fun map which reminds me not only of a zoo, but an amusement park. This is definitely one of my favorite maps on Black Ops. 9 out of 10, personal opinion.

Hotel: Once again, a really cool map I can play on and another one of my favorite maps along with Zoo, Kowloon, Stadium and Nuketown. 8 out of 10, personal opinion.

Call of the Dead: For the different experience and new gamestyle, this map surprised me further than I intended. I would have to say Ascension is still a better map than Call of the Dead, but I would also have to say it is about tied with the map "Five" IMO. 8 out of 10 in my personal opinion and far better than any WaW zombie maps and Kino Der Toten on Black Ops.

Overall, I think this map pack "Escalation" is a great addition to Black Ops for fans who have had time to practice in the past and has proven itself to not be a downer, but instead a really cool experience with some things that could have been improved or more original, but overall very fun. However I wouldn't suggest this map pack to any newcomers to Black Ops, especially any non Cod players as you would most likely die on any of the maps right away without a fight. 7 out of 10 for the entire map pack, personal opinion.
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: FlareonMaster
Clan Tag: V03

https://www.youtube.com/JonOlson94

Back to top Go down

Call of the Dead - Experience and Opinion on Map Pack Empty Re: Call of the Dead - Experience and Opinion on Map Pack

Post by Eagle Eye307 Tue May 03, 2011 2:57 pm

Nice review, I will probably get this after I eat dinner. Razz
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account
Gamertag: Parrot Wing
Clan Tag: V01

http://shiningepiphany.com

Back to top Go down

Call of the Dead - Experience and Opinion on Map Pack Empty Re: Call of the Dead - Experience and Opinion on Map Pack

Post by FlareonMaster Tue May 03, 2011 2:59 pm

Thanks! I am trying to write articles like this when I can.
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account
Gamertag: FlareonMaster
Clan Tag: V03

https://www.youtube.com/JonOlson94

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down