Shining Epiphany
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dolphin Situation

4 posters

Go down

The Dolphin Situation  Empty The Dolphin Situation

Post by FlareonMaster Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:46 am

First of all, hey everyone!  Haven't made a thread in a long time now.  Anyway, here is what I have to say:

Dolphins have been slaughtered for meat in Japan for many years without the civilians of Japan even knowing it was happening.  It has been considered harmful and completely immoral, because Dolphins are actually self-aware of who they are unlike other fish.  They are smart, intelligent and fun to be around, but can be just as upset when their child is taken away, like a human mother or father would be.  Sadly, today is the day it all starts again and the killing will begin.  I am only saying this on the forums, because I thought I should make the situation more aware, when it isn't that well known of.  The documentary The Cove went into full detail about the horrifying event and if you want to know more about this situation, that is a movie I would suggest watching.

I am not asking you to do anything about it, but if you show any interest into the horrible situation, then feel free to look further into it and possibly watch the movie I said above or the new film Blackfish which is a related topic in regards to Whales.  Just realize the following links are pictures from what happens every year on September 1st, when these Dolphins are murdered.

Graphic Images of the Dolphin Murdering:  
http://daniellesdives.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/dolphin3.jpg
http://swasthyamundial.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/veg-dolphin-futo_massacre_72.jpeg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LR5o8cDR1PI/UDOsCQTbEeI/AAAAAAAAAFY/lIpusOXVw0w/s400/japan-dolphin-cove-slaughter.jpg

I am showing my support by attending an event in Florida here today, because the entire situation makes me sad and upset.  If you choose to say or do anything about it, then I wish you good luck.  Very Happy

-Jonathan
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: FlareonMaster
Clan Tag: V03

https://www.youtube.com/JonOlson94

Back to top Go down

The Dolphin Situation  Empty Re: The Dolphin Situation

Post by Eagle Eye307 Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:58 am

Great post, I definitely support the efforts to stop the mass killing of dolphins. I think they are fantastic and intelligent animals that deserve our love and respect.

JonOlson94 wrote:dolphins are actually self-aware of who they are unlike other fish.
Wait, has it been proven that dolphins are self aware? Or is it just a theory? I'm curious as to how someone would test that. I don't suppose you would happen to have a link to the study or something?
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account
Gamertag: Parrot Wing
Clan Tag: V01

http://shiningepiphany.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:38 am

Eagle Eye307 wrote:Great post, I definitely support the efforts to stop the mass killing of dolphins. I think they are fantastic and intelligent animals that deserve our love and respect.

JonOlson94 wrote:dolphins are actually self-aware of who they are unlike other fish.
Wait, has it been proven that dolphins are self aware? Or is it just a theory? I'm curious as to how someone would test that. I don't suppose you would happen to have a link to the study or something?
It has been proven in study, however I am not sure how they did it. The movie the Cove went into a lot of detail in regards to it, but so did Blackfish.
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account
Gamertag: FlareonMaster
Clan Tag: V03

https://www.youtube.com/JonOlson94

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:22 pm

I suppose it would also depend on one's definition of self awareness. I googled it and found that some scientists claimed to have collected evidence that dolphins were self aware because their study indicated that dolphins are capable of understanding that their own reflection in a mirror is a reflection of themselves and not another dolphin. Personally I didn't think the evidence was very conclusive, but it was a fascinating read: http://earthtrust.org/delbook.html

There may be other studies exploring this. If dolphins are self aware then should we consider them to be an equal species on this planet rather than inferior beings?
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormageddon, Dark Lord Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:10 pm

I want to make sure everyone knows how this all began.

The year was 1945. a few weeks before the Battle for Berlin. British soldiers were searching for Hitler, when a telegraph message came in. The transmitter was a little drunk at the time, so there were some mistakes in the writing, but the message should have been readable. But the message the troops received was gibberish, so they assumed the message was unintentionally sent. However, unknown to the British troops, two Japanese citizens received the communication through a wire tap. Since the design the citizens used was poorly made, the message the British soldiers received was altered to gibberish.

The two citizens were an interesting team. They were both jobless, almost to the point where they were out of food.Also, they both spoke English fluently, better than they spoke any other language, but that is where the similarities end. One of them knew how to use Morse code, while the other was the one who got the wire tap to work (although poorly). However, neither of them were interested in reading about the politics of the time, so they knew nothing of the situation, except for what everyone knew: Germany was their ally, and the British were at war with Germany.

When they received the message, they knew it was from the British, so they translated the message, planning to inform someone important what they heard, assuming the information was important at all. Due to the drunken transmitter, the message which should have revealed Hitler's location, inside a slaughterhouse, actually confused the translator. He decided to ask his teammate for help. He said "I do not understand this sentence." The teammate came over to him, and asked "What does it say?" The translator responded "I might have translated it wrong, but It looks like it says 'Adolf in Slaughterhouse.' " At that moment, they both realized how to solve every crisis they were facing.

The next day, they sold everything they had, and used all of their money to buy a small building, a boat, and a net. Then they celebrated their new careers, until the day was almost over. That is when they started their dolphin slaughterhouse career, and sailed off into the sunset.

Morals of the story: 1) Hitler kills dolphins. 2) Don't get drunk and type on a telegraph. 3) Just because it sounds like a buttdial and looks like a buttdial, doesn't mean it is a butt dial. 4) A space for dolphins (or a dolphin space) = Hitler as an astronaut (or Adolf in space).

Also, my deepest apologies to anyone named Adolf that reads this.
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: No
Gamertag: Too poor to afford one
Clan Tag: Srsly

http://walkingdead.net/perl/euphemism

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:34 pm

Stormageddon, Dark Lord wrote:I want to make sure everyone knows how this all began.

The year was 1945. a few weeks before the Battle for Berlin. British soldiers were searching for Hitler, when a telegraph message came in. The transmitter was a little drunk at the time, so there were some mistakes in the writing, but the message should have been readable. But the message the troops received was gibberish, so they assumed the message was unintentionally sent. However, unknown to the British troops, two Japanese citizens received the communication through a wire tap. Since the design the citizens used was poorly made, the message the British soldiers received was altered to gibberish.

The two citizens were an interesting team. They were both jobless, almost to the point where they were out of food.Also, they both spoke English fluently, better than they spoke any other language, but that is where the similarities end. One of them knew how to use Morse code, while the other was the one who got the wire tap to work (although poorly). However, neither of them were interested in reading about the politics of the time, so they knew nothing of the situation, except for what everyone knew: Germany was their ally, and the British were at war with Germany.

When they received the message, they knew it was from the British, so they translated the message, planning to inform someone important what they heard, assuming the information was important at all. Due to the drunken transmitter, the message which should have revealed Hitler's location, inside a slaughterhouse, actually confused the translator. He decided to ask his teammate for help. He said "I do not understand this sentence." The teammate came over to him, and asked "What does it say?" The translator responded "I might have translated it wrong, but It looks like it says 'Adolf in Slaughterhouse.' " At that moment, they both realized how to solve every crisis they were facing.

The next day, they sold everything they had, and used all of their money to buy a small building, a boat, and a net. Then they celebrated their new careers, until the day was almost over. That is when they started their dolphin slaughterhouse career, and sailed off into the sunset.

Morals of the story: 1) Hitler kills dolphins. 2) Don't get drunk and type on a telegraph. 3) Just because it sounds like a buttdial and looks like a buttdial, doesn't mean it is a butt dial. 4) A space for dolphins (or a dolphin space) = Hitler as an astronaut (or Adolf in space).

Also, my deepest apologies to anyone named Adolf that reads this.
It... it all makes sense now... in a morbid but mildly amusing way. Lulz
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmond Miles Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:41 pm

they mentioned this in my english class. the teacher also showed a video about gmo's (geneticlly motified orginisims) and the dangerous effects they could have on not only us but the envoirement. it was pretty scary because some people actually developed allergies (some life threatening) because of gmo's. it was also interesting
Desmond Miles
Desmond Miles
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Xbox Account
Gamertag:
Clan Tag: V06

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:22 am

Desmond Miles wrote:they mentioned this in my english class. the teacher also showed a video about gmo's (geneticlly motified orginisims) and the dangerous effects they could have on not only us but the envoirement. it was pretty scary because some people actually developed allergies (some life threatening) because of gmo's. it was also interesting
Scary stuff, man.

By the way, how was the event, Jon?
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormageddon, Dark Lord Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:34 am

This belongs in this thread:

The Dolphin Situation  Dolphin-vase
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:41 pm

Your signature makes a suitable appeal. Razz

Just kidding, that's a nice dolphin design.
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormageddon, Dark Lord Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:18 pm

Eagle Eye307 wrote:Your signature makes a suitable appeal. Razz

Just kidding, that's a nice dolphin design.
Thanks!

Pro-Tip: don't hotlink images from blog.gg8.se
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down