Shining Epiphany
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classic Gamers, Listen Up: FC Twin (SNES/NES Combo System) Review

2 posters

Go down

Classic Gamers, Listen Up: FC Twin (SNES/NES Combo System) Review Empty Classic Gamers, Listen Up: FC Twin (SNES/NES Combo System) Review

Post by FlareonMaster Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:53 pm

I used to play my Super Nintendo all of the time until I was around ten when I got my PS2. I went to my grandmothers most of the time and decided to leave my system there. One day a truck drove by her house and had an accident, smashing the electricity pole causing a surge and the Super Nintendo died instantly. I did get a replacement, but it wasn’t built as well. Within a few years (by 2007 or 2008) it pretty much crashed and had a ton of glitches. So, I never really played it again. I moved onto my Wii and eventually Xbox 360 by then anyways.

Anyways, let me get straight to the point. Within the past few months I have wanted to head back to my Super Nintendo, being somewhat nostalgic. So, I looked at a flea market for a SNES system and the cheapest I found was a used, beaten up SNES for $40. I know they are classics, but give me a break. That is a complete rip off for a used and beaten up system, and let me mention, a system I had no proof of working. I can understand a new model would be a few hundred, but not what I saw. So I looked online and eventually heard of Famiclones. Most of them have since been legalized as remakes of classic systems such as the NES, SNES, Genesis, N64 and others while others are not legal. One company that has been legalized to sell remade systems is Yobo. They have about four-six current remake sytems out there. One of them I heard of was the FC Twin (a combination of the SNES/NES) which was a quarter the size of the original system with smaller cables that work better with HD televisions (though, they do not have HD cords). I looked further into it and found out they go for $40-45 depending on where you look online while in store (depending on location) It is most likely $60. I did more research on it, discovering some games didn’t work with it and that any NES/SNES blasters (as an example, used for Duck Hunt) didn’t work with it. But, luckily, I didn’t own any of the games that didn’t work with the system, nor do I plan or want to get them. Only exception games were the Mortal Kombat games which had sound difficulties.

Anyways, after some other reviews, people mostly said the controllers weren’t very well built. I didn’t see that as an issue since it plays original SNES controllers as well. Anyways, I finally ordered the system at Amazon for $38 plus $4 shipping. I got it today and my first opinion of it was, “Wow, this thing is so small!” and then I looked more carefully at it. It was well built, it looked great, the controllers seemed great (however the cords on them are half the size of the original controllers) and well, I loved it. I tried all of my games and only one did not work, but I believe it to be the cartridge. The game was Super Mario All Stars (a combo of the first three Mario Bros.) and I can always rebuy it, considering it was the game and not the system not being able to read it.

So I believe this is a great way of getting the system if you miss your old SNES or NES and it is great since it is about the same size of the Wii and plays both system’s games (8 Bit and 16 Bit). It also comes in three different colors, but the most common color is Black. The other two being Silver and White. Only thing I really can say is, if you get it, use the old SNES controllers since they are longer and that if you are a real Retro player, then I wouldn’t recommend it at all since you most likely already own the original system or believe it would be easier to have that instead. But hey, for under $40 and getting two old systems with mostly better quality, I think it is worth it. I never owned a NES, but I plan to get a few NES games at some point now, considering I can. I now can play Bubsy, Super Mario World, Aladdin and Turtles in Time all over again with ease! So, I rate this system an 8.5 of 10 for what it is considering the few flaws it has.

Update:
It is the Super Mario All Stars game that isn't working, because it did read finally, but it seemed to be glitchy. So, it is the game and the game alone, not the system that had trouble reading it. I double tested the game by testing it on my screwed up color schemed SNES and it had a little trouble reading on there too.
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: FlareonMaster
Clan Tag: V03

https://www.youtube.com/JonOlson94

Back to top Go down

Classic Gamers, Listen Up: FC Twin (SNES/NES Combo System) Review Empty Re: Classic Gamers, Listen Up: FC Twin (SNES/NES Combo System) Review

Post by doge Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:31 pm

Make a review for LeagueProd. People usually like to see these.
doge
doge
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Xbox Account
Gamertag: The Nibelsnarf
Clan Tag: CJ's Butthole

Back to top Go down

Classic Gamers, Listen Up: FC Twin (SNES/NES Combo System) Review Empty Re: Classic Gamers, Listen Up: FC Twin (SNES/NES Combo System) Review

Post by FlareonMaster Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:35 pm

Well, LeagueProd is for our live videos. If I make one it would go on a different channel most likely, one more geared towards reviews ir mainly in this case, video games. That is a good idea though, so thanks. Very Happy
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account
Gamertag: FlareonMaster
Clan Tag: V03

https://www.youtube.com/JonOlson94

Back to top Go down

Post by doge Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:38 pm

Mhm. Now I wish to experience the Judo chop. I'll be back and edit this post afterwards. o.o
doge
doge
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Xbox Account
Gamertag: The Nibelsnarf
Clan Tag: CJ's Butthole

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down