Shining Epiphany
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

shocking news

+2
Ddiaxv
Applepie533
6 posters

Go down

shocking news Empty shocking news

Post by Applepie533 Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:17 am

y'all becoming more nonactive! We're 16 days into this month that's half the month and the highest posts by someone was 4! SMH

I have no right to talk since I havnt posted at all this month X3

edit: hearthstone and magic are pretty cool card games.
Applepie533
Applepie533
General
General

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: Applepie533
Clan Tag: V02

https://shiningepiphany.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

shocking news Empty Re: shocking news

Post by Ddiaxv Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:46 am

It seems we're drifting away sadly. Jon and CJ are busy with college and I will be as well soon.

I do miss the good days.
Ddiaxv
Ddiaxv
General
General

Xbox Account
Gamertag: Allen Cainhurst
Clan Tag: V08

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:35 am

Ddiaxv wrote:I do miss the good days.

As do I, my friend.

I'm still playing League of Legends with some college buddies in my free time, but it doesn't seem as though any forum members play, sadly. Still, if anyone is interested hit me up on Skype and I'll get you into a game with us. Smile
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account
Gamertag: Parrot Wing
Clan Tag: V01

http://shiningepiphany.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmond Miles Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:41 am

Sad
i have stuff going on.
Desmond Miles
Desmond Miles
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Xbox Account
Gamertag:
Clan Tag: V06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ddiaxv Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:39 am

GET AN XBOX ONE!
Ddiaxv
Ddiaxv
General
General

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormageddon, Dark Lord Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:14 pm

Applepie533 wrote:y'all becoming more nonactive! We're 16 days into this month that's half the month and the highest posts by someone was 4! SMH

I have no right to talk since I havnt posted at all this month X3

edit: hearthstone and magic are pretty cool card games.

THAT WAS ME! I'M SOMEONE WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: No
Gamertag: Too poor to afford one
Clan Tag: Srsly

http://walkingdead.net/perl/euphemism

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:48 pm

Applepie533 wrote:edit: hearthstone and magic are pretty cool card games.

I just recently got into Magic. Very Happy
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Ddiaxv Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:13 am

Scrapyard from MW2 is appearing in the Ghosts Map Pack 1!

GET AN XBOX ONE EVERYONEEEEEEEEE PLEASE. IM LONELY.
Ddiaxv
Ddiaxv
General
General

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:31 pm

Ddiaxv wrote:Scrapyard from MW2 is appearing in the Ghosts Map Pack 1!

GET AN XBOX ONE EVERYONEEEEEEEEE PLEASE. IM LONELY.

Ugh I kinda want one but I don't want to pay $500...
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:49 am

I just don't care about gaming anymore. If I play video games, it is rare and when I do it is typically one of the Halo video games, League of Legends, Minecraft or my Wii U. No intention of buying another console anytime soon. Sorry David, the old days have come to a close, but will always be fond memories. Very Happy
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account
Gamertag: FlareonMaster
Clan Tag: V03

https://www.youtube.com/JonOlson94

Back to top Go down

Post by Applepie533 Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:22 am

JonOlson94 wrote:I just don't care about gaming anymore.  If I play video games, it is rare and when I do it is typically one of the Halo video games, League of Legends, Minecraft or my Wii U.  No intention of buying another console anytime soon. Sorry David, the old days have come to a close, but will always be fond memories.  Very Happy

shocking news Emma-Stone
Applepie533
Applepie533
General
General

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:05 pm

Fear not, my comrades! Still better days are yet to come! When virtual reality technology is further developed (check out the Oculus Rift if you haven't already) the glorious days of adventuring with friends will return!!!
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Applepie533 Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:20 am

Eagle Eye307 wrote:Fear not, my comrades! Still better days are yet to come! When virtual reality technology is further developed (check out the Oculus Rift if you haven't already) the glorious days of adventuring with friends will return!!!

This is very possible. The most realistic thing to a full virtual reality would be a full body suit using nanotechnology to deliver signals to your nerves (year 2006 news article here: http://phys.org/news66308334.html) to stimulate the touch  and feel sensors in your body. It could also trigger pain\pleasure. That would be used first in a military or medical way though. If they did put something like that on the market as a way of gaming then I don't think people would actually be working unless it was used in a productive way to keep the country running because without that going for us..something like this image below would be common.

shocking news Therea10
Applepie533
Applepie533
General
General

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:56 pm

Applepie533 wrote:
Eagle Eye307 wrote:Fear not, my comrades! Still better days are yet to come! When virtual reality technology is further developed (check out the Oculus Rift if you haven't already) the glorious days of adventuring with friends will return!!!

This is very possible. The most realistic thing to a full virtual reality would be a full body suit using nanotechnology to deliver signals to your nerves (year 2006 news article here: http://phys.org/news66308334.html) to stimulate the touch  and feel sensors in your body. It could also trigger pain\pleasure. That would be used first in a military or medical way though. If they did put something like that on the market as a way of gaming then I don't think people would actually be working unless it was used in a productive way to keep the country running because without that going for us..something like this image below would be common.

shocking news Therea10

Yeah I could definitely see that becoming a problem as bad as drugs (if not worse). There would definitely have to be some sort of system in place to keep our economy functioning. Of course with the development of robotics and AI, we may someday reach the point where everything is completely automated, possibly even including being fed and reproducing. So it's possible that someday we may be able to spend our entire lives in a virtual universe. Makes me wonder if THIS life is a virtual reality... it's not outside the realm of possibility.
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Applepie533 Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:05 am

Eagle Eye307 wrote:
Applepie533 wrote:

shocking news Therea10

Yeah I could definitely see that becoming a problem as bad as drugs (if not worse). There would definitely have to be some sort of system in place to keep our economy functioning. Of course with the development of robotics and AI, we may someday reach the point where everything is completely automated, possibly even including being fed and reproducing. So it's possible that someday we may be able to spend our entire lives in a virtual universe. Makes me wonder if THIS life is a virtual reality... it's not outside the realm of possibility.

So it would be us becoming the lifeless robots and the robots becoming more like us! I read a reddit comment on virtual reality so i'l share.

"The first time you use it, it is amazing, but after a time you become bored with it. So you add sensory enhancements to it so you can better enjoy the experience. You end up living a thousand lives in it, having insane orgies, trying every kind of food, travelling the world and trying every kind of experience imaginable. But something still isn't quite right... You enjoy this virtual reality but something is bothering you. It lacks the excitement of real life because you know it is only a simulation and will end after. So you have a bright idea, what if you erased your memory each time you entered? You would truly believe it was the real world, and that would be far more exciting. So you plug in and start it up.... Next thing you know you are here reading my reddit comment."

So this may be a virtual existence without us knowing like you said Cj XP
Applepie533
Applepie533
General
General

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:16 pm

Applepie533 wrote:
Eagle Eye307 wrote:
Applepie533 wrote:

So it would be us becoming the lifeless robots and the robots becoming more like us! I read a reddit comment on virtual reality so i'l share.

"The first time you use it, it is amazing, but after a time you become bored with it. So you add sensory enhancements to it so you can better enjoy the experience. You end up living a thousand lives in it, having insane orgies, trying every kind of food, travelling the world and trying every kind of experience imaginable. But something still isn't quite right... You enjoy this virtual reality but something is bothering you. It lacks the excitement of real life because you know it is only a simulation and will end after. So you have a bright idea, what if you erased your memory each time you entered? You would truly believe it was the real world, and that would be far more exciting. So you plug in and start it up.... Next thing you know you are here reading my reddit comment."

And if we re-create virtual reality in this world, then it will be like inception with virtual reality! WE MUST GO DEEPER!

By the way, my engineering professor (who oversees all the senior design projects at my college) approved my senior design proposal. I'm planning to make a virtual reality video game which will be compatible with the Oculus Rift when it's released. Very Happy
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Applepie533 Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:51 am

Eagle Eye307 wrote:
Applepie533 wrote:
Eagle Eye307 wrote:
Applepie533 wrote:

And if we re-create virtual reality in this world, then it will be like inception with virtual reality! WE MUST GO DEEPER!

By the way, my engineering professor (who oversees all the senior design projects at my college) approved my senior design proposal. I'm planning to make a virtual reality video game which will be compatible with the Oculus Rift when it's released. Very Happy

WE HAVE TO TELL JON ABOUT THIS IDEA FOR A MOVIE HE HAS TO MAKE!

Also...ARE YOU BEING A GAME DESIGNER!? I would so play your games Very Happy
Applepie533
Applepie533
General
General

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:35 am

Applepie533 wrote:
Eagle Eye307 wrote:
Applepie533 wrote:
Eagle Eye307 wrote:
Applepie533 wrote:

Thanks, but that concept has already been made before.  More than once actually.   Cool

I also don't like the idea of virtual reality, never really have. I think the concept is too unsafe because as already stated, people may get addicted to a virtual reality (if it became a real scenario within our future) that was so real, that potentially any individual would have trouble figuring out which reality was real. Virtual reality in a video game, such as Oculus Rift I think is fine, but if developers kept going further with that, I wouldn't approve of it on a personal standpoint.
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:43 pm

Applepie533 wrote:

Well I'm majoring in Computer Science, which leaves the game development field open to me. I'm definitely considering it as a full career. Smile Though I'd be best off working with a team on games because my artistic ability is severely lacking haha. I can imagine unique worlds and characters but I have trouble translating them into 3D models; I find that I'm much better working on the programming side of things. I'll be sure send you a copy of my project if/when I can.
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:32 am

Eagle Eye307 wrote:
Applepie533 wrote:

Well I'm majoring in Computer Science, which leaves the game development field open to me. I'm definitely considering it as a full career. :)Though I'd be best off working with a team on games because my artistic ability is severely lacking haha. I can imagine unique worlds and characters but I have trouble translating them into 3D models; I find that I'm much better working on the programming side of things. I'll be sure send you a copy of my project if/when I can.

Two words come to mind that remind me of a similar situation from maybe five years ago. Total Chaos. Razz
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:08 pm

JonOlson94 wrote:
Eagle Eye307 wrote:
Applepie533 wrote:

Well I'm majoring in Computer Science, which leaves the game development field open to me. I'm definitely considering it as a full career. :)Though I'd be best off working with a team on games because my artistic ability is severely lacking haha. I can imagine unique worlds and characters but I have trouble translating them into 3D models; I find that I'm much better working on the programming side of things. I'll be sure send you a copy of my project if/when I can.

Two words come to mind that remind me of a similar situation from maybe five years ago.  Total Chaos.  Razz

Ahaha yep, I was much more of a noob back then, before I had taken any classes on game design.

Update on my current project: I preordered the Oculus Rift Developer Kit 2, which should be released sometime during the summer. Looking forward to testing it out with games like Hawken and then modifying my game to be compatible with it!
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content