Shining Epiphany
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Computer specs don't matter!"

3 posters

Go down

"Computer specs don't matter!" Empty "Computer specs don't matter!"

Post by Stormageddon, Dark Lord Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:44 pm

I was gonna post this on Facebook, but I don't want people to hate me (but you guys don't matter Razz (just kidding! I WUV U(Cause parentheses))).

Here's my letter to people who say "Computer specs don't matter!"

Hello Blasphemer,

It was brought to my attention that you have informed other people that computer specs don't matter. I am writing to give you a chance to apologize before I find a way to cause your smartphone to automatically run Crysis at full graphics on boot, and stay running until the phone is shut down. Please note that if by some miracle (divine intervention?) there is no effect on the phone, I will alter the smartphone to run multiple instances of Crysis at full graphics. I will repeat this process until the phone is unusable, or until there are f(D) number of Crysis games simultaneously running, where D is the number of Earth days after this was posted and f(D) = 10 * ((D/365)!!). For example, today I would have 10 Crysis instances running, and In 1095 days (roughly 3 Earth years), I would have 7200 instances of Crysis running. You will then apologize.

If you would like to continue informing people of your point, I would suggest one of the following statements.
1) "At some point, computer specs are irrelevant based on how long you will use the computer and what you use it for"
2) "Comparing two different computers. based solely on their specs, when the computers are running different OSes with different levels of code optimization is senseless.
Or my favorite 3) "Computer specs matter, but there is so much going into the performance of the computer that you will not realistically be able to accurately quantify the performance from solely an brief overview of the CPU, GPU, RAM, Hard Drive, WIFI card, Sound card, and any ports available. Doing so would require the ability to have not only an in depth knowledge of the hardware components and motherboard design, but a reasonable amount of knowledge of all software being run on the machine, most of which is not released to the public, as well as the interactions in between the components, which is guided by the software. Given all of this, you might be able to quantify the performance, but the math would take (depending on how in depth you go) a long time, if you finish."

Thank you for reading,

SINcerely,

A tech person
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: No
Gamertag: Too poor to afford one
Clan Tag: Srsly

http://walkingdead.net/perl/euphemism

Back to top Go down

"Computer specs don't matter!" Empty Re: "Computer specs don't matter!"

Post by Eagle Eye307 Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:57 am

I think you went easy on him. I would just make an infi-loop which opens an additional Crysis instance every second.

And then I'd smash his processor.
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: Parrot Wing
Clan Tag: V01

http://shiningepiphany.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Desmond Miles Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:07 pm

Stormageddon, Dark Lord wrote:I was gonna post this on Facebook, but I don't want people to hate me (but you guys don't matter Razz(just kidding! I WUV U(Cause parentheses))).

Here's my letter to people who say "Computer specs don't matter!"

Hello Blasphemer,

It was brought to my attention that you have informed other people that computer specs don't matter. I am writing to give you a chance to apologize before I find a way to cause your smartphone to automatically run Crysis at full graphics on boot, and stay running until the phone is shut down. Please note that if by some miracle (divine intervention?) there is no effect on the phone, I will alter the smartphone to run multiple instances of Crysis at full graphics. I will repeat this process until the phone is unusable, or until there are f(D) number of Crysis games simultaneously running, where D is the number of Earth days after this was posted and f(D) = 10 * ((D/365)!!). For example, today I would have 10 Crysis instances running, and In 1095 days (roughly 3 Earth years), I would have 7200 instances of Crysis running. You will then apologize.

If you would like to continue informing people of your point, I would suggest one of the following statements.
1) "At some point, computer specs are irrelevant based on how long you will use the computer and what you use it for"
2) "Comparing two different computers. based solely on their specs, when the computers are running different OSes with different levels of code optimization is senseless.
Or my favorite 3) "Computer specs matter, but there is so much going into the performance of the computer that you will not realistically be able to accurately quantify the performance from solely an brief overview of the CPU, GPU, RAM, Hard Drive, WIFI card, Sound card, and any ports available. Doing so would require the ability to have not only an in depth knowledge of the hardware components and motherboard design, but a reasonable amount of knowledge of all software being run on the machine, most of which is not released to the public, as well as the interactions in between the components, which is guided by the software. Given all of this, you might be able to quantify the performance, but the math would take (depending on how in depth you go) a long time, if you finish."

Thank you for reading,

SINcerely,

A tech person
"Computer specs don't matter!" Jackie+chan+my+brain+is+full+of+fudge+meme+blank+template+lol+wtf
Desmond Miles
Desmond Miles
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag:
Clan Tag: V06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content