Shining Epiphany
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox 360 Sales Ban for US Recommended by Judge

5 posters

Go down

Xbox 360 Sales Ban for US Recommended by Judge Empty Xbox 360 Sales Ban for US Recommended by Judge

Post by InuYasha 2b3 Thu May 24, 2012 11:38 pm

A Microsoft representative stated, "the full Commission will rule on this in August, and until that time, nothing will change." As such, IGN received the following statement, which is identical to the original comment from last month:

“The recommendation by the Administrative Law Judge is the first step in the process leading to the Commission’s final ruling. We remain confident the Commission will ultimately rule in Microsoft’s favor in this case and that Motorola will be held to its promise to make its standard essential patents available on fair and reasonable terms.”

Original Story: Following up on a previous ruling, which deemed Microsoft in violation of Motorola WiFi and video codec patents, judge David Shaw has recommended against the continued sale of the Xbox 360 in the United States, according to MCV. Should Microsoft be deemed in infringement of existing patents, it would threaten the possibility of selling consoles using that tech.

"Enforcing intellectual property rights outweighs any potential economic impact on video game console buyers," said Shaw.

This movement isn't a decision, but it could influence the International Trade Commission's final decision in the case. If the ITC happens to agree with Shaw's call, the verdict will move up to the White House, where the decision to halt sales will be at the whim of President Barack Obama and his advisers.

With the Xbox 360 and Windows 7 having been banned in Germany this month, it's not a far cry to say Microsoft's infringement on Motorola Mobility's intellectual property could affect the States.

Microsoft argued to Shaw that a United States ban would be unfair to consumers, who would have limited options. Shaw declared Nintendo and Sony could pick up the slack.

We've reached out to Microsoft for a reaction, and will have more on this case as it draws to a close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOuZLlM24ao
InuYasha 2b3
InuYasha 2b3
Captain
Captain

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: InuYasha 2b3
Clan Tag: V15

http://http:www.youtube.com/Inuyasha2b3

Back to top Go down

Xbox 360 Sales Ban for US Recommended by Judge Empty Re: Xbox 360 Sales Ban for US Recommended by Judge

Post by FlareonMaster Thu May 24, 2012 11:55 pm

We will have to see what happens. I think Motorola is in the wrong in general, considering it is probably just a way for them to try and make a return to the spotlight.

This I highly doubt will happen in the end considering how much outrage they have caused. People will most likely just boycott Motorola from any further use and probably already have.
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account
Gamertag: FlareonMaster
Clan Tag: V03

https://www.youtube.com/JonOlson94

Back to top Go down

Xbox 360 Sales Ban for US Recommended by Judge Empty Re: Xbox 360 Sales Ban for US Recommended by Judge

Post by Ddiaxv Fri May 25, 2012 12:15 am

The decision falls on Obama.

I have a feeling I may kill someone for the first time.

Wheres Anonymous when you need them!
Ddiaxv
Ddiaxv
General
General

Xbox Account
Gamertag: Allen Cainhurst
Clan Tag: V08

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Fri May 25, 2012 12:27 am

I'm not worried about it. Worst case scenario; Xbox 360s are banned from being sold in stores until the next Xbox model (which is under development) comes out.
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account
Gamertag: Parrot Wing
Clan Tag: V01

http://shiningepiphany.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ddiaxv Fri May 25, 2012 12:33 am

I officially despise Motorola.

Never getting a phone from that brand in my life.
Ddiaxv
Ddiaxv
General
General

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Fri May 25, 2012 1:16 am

Eagle Eye307 wrote:I'm not worried about it. Worst case scenario; Xbox 360s are banned from being sold in stores until the next Xbox model (which is under development) comes out.

Might be under development, but they did specify it will be two years or more from now until they even release it. Or as early as 2014 meaning. Either way though, I too don't believe it will go through. Otherwise there will be only another reason for people to hate on the governments decisions. At least SOPA is standing proof that people via internet make a difference with these pathetic cases...
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account
Gamertag: FlareonMaster
Clan Tag: V03

https://www.youtube.com/JonOlson94

Back to top Go down

Post by TerseRat5204 Fri May 25, 2012 9:11 am

Well we all know Barrack Obama has made at least one good decision. Maybe he can make another, although. I wouldn't be surprised if anything "happens" if he makes the decision to ban the xbox 360. Maybe we'll get lucky and his kids will have an xbox and he will think about how much they enjoy it and rule in Microsoft's favor
TerseRat5204
TerseRat5204
Captain
Captain

Xbox Account
Gamertag: TerseRat
Clan Tag: V21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ddiaxv Fri May 25, 2012 5:42 pm

Microsoft should give his daughters an xbox for free lol.
Ddiaxv
Ddiaxv
General
General

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by TerseRat5204 Fri May 25, 2012 5:51 pm

Maybe then, he will rule in Microsoft's favor. Wait! If Barrack wants to get re-election he will need to do something amazing. If he rules in Microsoft's favor to keep the Xbox 360 that will make the nation brimming with excitement. Hopefully, he will be as smart as I am to make the right decision.
TerseRat5204
TerseRat5204
Captain
Captain

Xbox Account
Gamertag: TerseRat
Clan Tag: V21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down