Shining Epiphany
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gameinformer's halo 4 article

+3
Eagle Eye307
TerseRat5204
Applepie533
7 posters

Go down

Gameinformer's halo 4 article Empty Gameinformer's halo 4 article

Post by Applepie533 Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:20 pm

I just read it and whao..this is going to be an awesome game. The article is big so i'l go over the big stuff.
Campaign (Explains a little campaign like the first mission)
Spoiler:

Multiplayer(a little of what you will see in multiplayer)
Spoiler:

Spartan ops isn't a spoiler so I will explain that. built to be played with your spartan IV, spartan ops lets up to 4 players work together on an evolving episodic campaign comparable to the original campaign. Each week for several months players will gain access to a new cg movie sequence that unfolds the story of the unsc infinity mission chronicling the struggles the spartans encounter along the way. along with each story chapter comes five objective-based cooperative missions. these missions are new content offering unseen events, locations, and challenges of that week. This will be ongoing with each component being released each week. It comes with the game free so its not like a dlc.
Applepie533
Applepie533
General
General

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: Applepie533
Clan Tag: V02

https://shiningepiphany.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Gameinformer's halo 4 article Empty Re: Gameinformer's halo 4 article

Post by TerseRat5204 Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:01 pm

This is just a rip off of MW3! I mean cmon, "Spartan" ops. Thats spec ops!
TerseRat5204
TerseRat5204
Captain
Captain

Xbox Account
Gamertag: TerseRat
Clan Tag: V21

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:27 pm

I agree. This sounds like a CoD clone. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I wonder if it will still have the good ol' Halo feel to it.
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account
Gamertag: Parrot Wing
Clan Tag: V01

http://shiningepiphany.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly KoolAidMan Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:28 pm

Customizable classes will ruin the whole "halo" feel to me and make it seem just like a CoD game. Halo is about balance and skill, not spawn with super weapons and have an instant advantage over your opponents.
Sly KoolAidMan
Sly KoolAidMan
Corporal
Corporal

Xbox Account
Gamertag: Sly KoolAidMan
Clan Tag: V22

Back to top Go down

Post by 5thRibSmite Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:59 pm

From what is sounds like the Multiplayer is gonna be it kind of has me worried...
5thRibSmite
5thRibSmite
Captain
Captain

Xbox Account
Gamertag: fifthribsmite7
Clan Tag: V42

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:28 pm

Remember that it is Halo, so for what it is--custom loadouts will make a great game changer and it sounds to me, more like a 'build your own gun' that you can design yourself, not a selection of any gun put together. Definitely original in that sense. Also, from what I got from what I read of "Spartan Ops" is that it is just another gametype increasing the campaign strategic ideas with new stories to be told at different times, like an episode feel with individual missions to obtain at different times. That isn't really anything like Spec Ops other than name IMO.

Campaign sounds extremely interesting and considering the more graphic and cinematic (with endorsed) graphics for this game, I can't see how this is a bad combination for that scenario. Razz Especially for matchmaking if it is true that your power ups will be spawning at different places at different times which is an amazing idea in my opinion as well as the 'join into game' feature which I never understood why Halo didn't have before...

We will just have to wait and see, but this doesn't sound like any "COD" or "Battlefield" rip off to me other than the name "Spartan Ops". Don't judge the game until we see more of it and actually play it guys. Very Happy
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account
Gamertag: FlareonMaster
Clan Tag: V03

https://www.youtube.com/JonOlson94

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:45 am

I'm not judging it yet but the description of multiplayer does concern me. One of the main things I don't think I'll like is the random spawning of weapons. I loved the specific placement of weapons in past Halo games, which encouraged players to learn the map and allowed for battle tactics focused on capturing and holding the best weapon spawns. With random weapon spawning, the game could turn into a mess of players simply rushing around the map instead of making their own strategies. Again, I'm not judging it yet, but I believe this to be a worrisome scenario.
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:51 am

Eagle Eye307 wrote:I'm not judging it yet but the description of multiplayer does concern me. One of the main things I don't think I'll like is the random spawning of weapons. I loved the specific placement of weapons in past Halo games, which encouraged players to learn the map and allowed for battle tactics focused on capturing and holding the best weapon spawns. With random weapon spawning, the game could turn into a mess of players simply rushing around the map instead of making their own strategies. Again, I'm not judging it yet, but I believe this to be a worrisome scenario.

Well, in Reach they mainly used forged maps for matchmaking instead of the original versions of whichever map it was. So technically weapon spawning was always different anyways. I think it will be a cool feature IMO as you will have to use what you get.
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by TerseRat5204 Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:36 pm

Well, remember in the original Halo, it took me one game in blood gulch to find the sniper, one week to find the fuel rod gun and one month to figure out there was a flamethrower. I really miss the original blood gulch Upset
TerseRat5204
TerseRat5204
Captain
Captain

Xbox Account
Gamertag: TerseRat
Clan Tag: V21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly KoolAidMan Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:18 pm

Eagle Eye307 wrote:I'm not judging it yet but the description of multiplayer does concern me. One of the main things I don't think I'll like is the random spawning of weapons. I loved the specific placement of weapons in past Halo games, which encouraged players to learn the map and allowed for battle tactics focused on capturing and holding the best weapon spawns. With random weapon spawning, the game could turn into a mess of players simply rushing around the map instead of making their own strategies. Again, I'm not judging it yet, but I believe this to be a worrisome scenario.

I have to agree with you, that was a part of the "Halo" experience that I love so much and without, I don't think it would feel like a "halo" game to me.
Sly KoolAidMan
Sly KoolAidMan
Corporal
Corporal

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:36 pm

Sly KoolAidMan wrote:

I have to agree with you, that was a part of the "Halo" experience that I love so much and without, I don't think it would feel like a "halo" game to me.

We will just have to wait and see. Nonetheless, this is just Gamerinformers information which is sometimes based on rumors and most of the time--fact. I am excited to see how it goes, but from what I have seen of the multiplayer aspect from videos--I believe I will be pleased with the game by far.
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Applepie533 Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:56 pm

the random weapon spawns are there because they didn't want experienced players(like you guys) always going for the power weapons and owning the newbs. Take the halo games as an example. The power weapons always spawn in one place and if someone got them then well..everyone else is probably going to die. So in halo 4 ;D the halo games will be better Im guessing.
Applepie533
Applepie533
General
General

Xbox Account
Gamertag: Applepie533
Clan Tag: V02

https://shiningepiphany.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye307 Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:27 pm

Applepie533 wrote:the random weapon spawns are there because they didn't want experienced players(like you guys) always going for the power weapons and owning the newbs. Take the halo games as an example. The power weapons always spawn in one place and if someone got them then well..everyone else is probably going to die. So in halo 4 ;D the halo games will be better Im guessing.

Maybe, but remember that Jagex's initial downfall was catering to the noobs. By not rewarding veteran players you remove motivation to keep playing the game. Yes, they will be adding attachments for leveled up players. But I preferred the days where your power was based on your knowledge of the game, rather than simply how many points you have gathered over time.
Eagle Eye307
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by OminousWo1f Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:18 pm

I don't know. I think both sides have valid arguments for them but i think in the end it'll be fun either way.
OminousWo1f
OminousWo1f
Private
Private

Xbox Account
Gamertag: OminousWo1f
Clan Tag: V14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly KoolAidMan Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:15 am

To be honest I liked it best when you only got experience when you won the game, because it got players to work together more. Which is something i did notnlike in reach because it felt too CoD, but now with custom classes and stuff I would be willing to keep the leveling up system if they got rid of the whole "random weapon spawn and custom classes"
Sly KoolAidMan
Sly KoolAidMan
Corporal
Corporal

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:20 am

Sly KoolAidMan wrote:To be honest I liked it best when you only got experience when you won the game, because it got players to work together more. Which is something i did notnlike in reach because it felt too CoD, but now with custom classes and stuff I would be willing to keep the leveling up system if they got rid of the whole "random weapon spawn and custom classes"

Reach wasn't really anything like CoD aside from it being a FPS, but that is your opinion on that. Nonetheless, I can't say Halo 4 will be amazing yet, but I am willing to give it a chance before judging it now as we are all only basing these opinions on rumors put into a magazine. Just wait to see first before judging it any further.

No one originally liked the power ups in Reach either, but once released mostly everyone fell in love with them. Razz
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly KoolAidMan Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:04 pm

I guess i am just scared that 343 will totally screw up halo 4 and ruin the halo experience.
Sly KoolAidMan
Sly KoolAidMan
Corporal
Corporal

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by FlareonMaster Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:24 pm

Sly KoolAidMan wrote:I guess i am just scared that 343 will totally screw up halo 4 and ruin the halo experience.

Well, I can see your concern. We will just have to give them the chance to see.
FlareonMaster
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Xbox Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content