Lessons learned from first person shooters (mainly Crysis)

Go down

Lessons learned from first person shooters (mainly Crysis)

Post by Stormageddon, Dark Lord on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:42 pm

Lesson 1: It is physically IMPOSSIBLE to carry more than two assault weapons, but you can also have a rocket launcher, 2 pistols, multiple bricks of C4, a large amount of attachments for guns, 10 grenades, certain objects that are worthy of being picked up, and sufficient (see 2) ammo for more guns than you are currently carrying
Lesson 2: People are INCREDIBLY STUPID for not picking up every bullet they can find.
Lesson 3: A good place to store extra highly flammable fuel on your armored truck with mounted machine gun: Obviously on the back, hanging off.
Lesson 4: If you are being attacked by a turret operator on a boat driven by another person, and you kill the turret operator, the driver will dock the boat, get out, and stand there doing nothing. Probably grief stricken from the loss of his friend.
Lesson 5: If you have SAM sites set up as your ONLY line of defense against aerial assaults, you should leave lots of C4 in the nearby area.
Lesson 6: Injured soldiers want to give you ALL of their guns and ammo!
Lesson 7a: Helicopter pilots are clairvoyant, as they can see you no matter where you are.
Lesson 7b: Helicopter pilots are invincible in the air, as the only way to stop them from shooting you is to shoot down the helicopter with no more and no less than 2 missile hits.
Lesson 8: Grenades are very ethical weapons, as they let you know they are nearby, thus give you a chance to run away.
Lesson 9: Shooting a human causes them to flinch a little bit, and maybe get knocked back. Shooting a crab causes it to die, but without any motion at all.
Lesson 10: If you are under fire in a room, and all you have to throw is a water bottle and a hammer, throw the water bottle, cause the hammer is either too heavy, too violent, bolted down, or you have an irrational fear of hammers.
Lesson 11: If you see a jet plane crash into a wall and explode, there is a chance it was moving so fast that the debris left behind is too small to see. Also, there may not be noticeable damage to the wall
Lesson 12: If NPC enemies don't like what weapons you have when you save, they have access to the save data (Yeah, I was fighting a helicopter with a rocket launcher, died, and the rocket launcher disappeared)
Lesson 13: Exploding a brick of C4 that is sitting right below someone kills zero people, causes mass confusion.

That is all


Last edited by Stormageddon, Dark Lord on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:28 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Moar Lessons)
avatar
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Posts : 120
Points : 2389
Join date : 2012-09-02
Age : 68
Location : ~1 AU from the sun*

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: No
Gamertag: Too poor to afford one
Clan Tag: Srsly

View user profile http://walkingdead.net/perl/euphemism

Back to top Go down

Re: Lessons learned from first person shooters (mainly Crysis)

Post by Eagle Eye307 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:04 pm

Grenades have a great sense of compassion. Even in the last seconds of their lives, they refuse to willingly take others with them. Of course this is partially because their true enemy is the one throwing them and thus causing them to die. So they warn the intended victim so that he may slay the evil grenade-thrower and save the grenade's brethren.

This vicious cycle is then repeated when the victorious soldier picks up the enemy's grenades.

_________________
Games I'm playing this month: Minecraft, Starcraft 2, Garry's Mod, League of Legends.



Two paths diverged in a wood. And I? I took the one less traveled by... and that has made all the difference.
avatar
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Posts : 9861
Points : 13648
Join date : 2008-08-20
Age : 25
Location : Boston

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: Parrot Wing
Clan Tag: V01

View user profile http://shiningepiphany.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Lessons learned from first person shooters (mainly Crysis)

Post by Stormageddon, Dark Lord on Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:37 pm

Eagle Eye307 wrote:Grenades have a great sense of compassion. Even in the last seconds of their lives, they refuse to willingly take others with them. Of course this is partially because their true enemy is the one throwing them and thus causing them to die. So they warn the intended victim so that he may slay the evil grenade-thrower and save the grenade's brethren.

This vicious cycle is then repeated when the victorious soldier picks up the enemy's grenades.
What happens if two people throw grenades at each other!
avatar
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Posts : 120
Points : 2389
Join date : 2012-09-02
Age : 68
Location : ~1 AU from the sun*

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: No
Gamertag: Too poor to afford one
Clan Tag: Srsly

View user profile http://walkingdead.net/perl/euphemism

Back to top Go down

Re: Lessons learned from first person shooters (mainly Crysis)

Post by Eagle Eye307 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:30 pm

Stormageddon, Dark Lord wrote:
Eagle Eye307 wrote:Grenades have a great sense of compassion. Even in the last seconds of their lives, they refuse to willingly take others with them. Of course this is partially because their true enemy is the one throwing them and thus causing them to die. So they warn the intended victim so that he may slay the evil grenade-thrower and save the grenade's brethren.

This vicious cycle is then repeated when the victorious soldier picks up the enemy's grenades.
What happens if two people throw grenades at each other!
Grenades aren't the smartest of beings, so they usually don't realize it in time to take any further action. You also have to keep in mind that there are different clans of grenades. There is no love lost between the gruff, temperamental Fragmentations and the mysterious, cunning Smokes.

_________________
Games I'm playing this month: Minecraft, Starcraft 2, Garry's Mod, League of Legends.



Two paths diverged in a wood. And I? I took the one less traveled by... and that has made all the difference.
avatar
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Posts : 9861
Points : 13648
Join date : 2008-08-20
Age : 25
Location : Boston

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: Parrot Wing
Clan Tag: V01

View user profile http://shiningepiphany.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Lessons learned from first person shooters (mainly Crysis)

Post by Desmond Miles on Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:42 pm

i like space mountain.

avatar
Desmond Miles
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Posts : 2711
Points : 6616
Join date : 2008-08-20
Age : 23
Location : somewhere in the US

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag:
Clan Tag: V06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lessons learned from first person shooters (mainly Crysis)

Post by Stormageddon, Dark Lord on Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:04 pm

Eagle Eye307 wrote:
Stormageddon, Dark Lord wrote:
Eagle Eye307 wrote:Grenades have a great sense of compassion. Even in the last seconds of their lives, they refuse to willingly take others with them. Of course this is partially because their true enemy is the one throwing them and thus causing them to die. So they warn the intended victim so that he may slay the evil grenade-thrower and save the grenade's brethren.

This vicious cycle is then repeated when the victorious soldier picks up the enemy's grenades.
What happens if two people throw grenades at each other!
Grenades aren't the smartest of beings, so they usually don't realize it in time to take any further action. You also have to keep in mind that there are different clans of grenades. There is no love lost between the gruff, temperamental Fragmentations and the mysterious, cunning Smokes.





avatar
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Posts : 120
Points : 2389
Join date : 2012-09-02
Age : 68
Location : ~1 AU from the sun*

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: No
Gamertag: Too poor to afford one
Clan Tag: Srsly

View user profile http://walkingdead.net/perl/euphemism

Back to top Go down

Re: Lessons learned from first person shooters (mainly Crysis)

Post by Eagle Eye307 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:08 pm

It's not racist if it's a scientifically proven fact!

_________________
Games I'm playing this month: Minecraft, Starcraft 2, Garry's Mod, League of Legends.



Two paths diverged in a wood. And I? I took the one less traveled by... and that has made all the difference.
avatar
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Posts : 9861
Points : 13648
Join date : 2008-08-20
Age : 25
Location : Boston

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: Parrot Wing
Clan Tag: V01

View user profile http://shiningepiphany.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Lessons learned from first person shooters (mainly Crysis)

Post by doge on Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:24 pm

"Bricks of C4"
avatar
doge
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Posts : 1874
Points : 5787
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 21
Location : The slave boat

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: The Nibelsnarf
Clan Tag: CJ's Butthole

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lessons learned from first person shooters (mainly Crysis)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum