An Epic Company Called...

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: An Epic Company Called...

Post by TerseRat5204 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:01 pm

Nigerian Prince wrote:
FlareonMaster wrote:
TerseRat5204 wrote:Is anyone other than you guys reading EVERY post here?

I tend to doubt it. I like to write and had some free time in the car due to traveling. So thankfully Joe got me involved in this debate to kill some time. It has been quite entertaining to say the least. Razz

You get to write, I get to up my post count.
Win Win

Neutral
avatar
TerseRat5204
Captain
Captain

Posts : 794
Points : 3472
Join date : 2011-12-28
Age : 21
Location : My Minecraft World!!

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: TerseRat
Clan Tag: V21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Epic Company Called...

Post by FlareonMaster on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:03 pm

Nigerian Prince wrote:
FlareonMaster wrote:
TerseRat5204 wrote:Is anyone other than you guys reading EVERY post here?

I tend to doubt it. I like to write and had some free time in the car due to traveling. So thankfully Joe got me involved in this debate to kill some time. It has been quite entertaining to say the least. Razz

You get to write, I get to up my post count.
Win Win

Yes, yes it is a win win. haha

_________________


avatar
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Posts : 21456
Points : 24382
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 24
Location : My House on Planet Earth

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: FlareonMaster
Clan Tag: V03

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/JonOlson94

Back to top Go down

Re: An Epic Company Called...

Post by Stormageddon, Dark Lord on Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:45 pm

Stirring the pot

Also, IT'S BEAUTIFUL

The irony that is...

For those who don't know, apple sued samsung cause of this



Please note the samsung phone is in the app drawer, not the main screen, which would look much different.

Media on Apple: "Apple thinks different, cause fruit" Apple: "COPYPASTEGO!"

The people who made MATLAB think apple computers are for the technologically challenged.

From the student MATLAB installation guide:

Mathworks wrote:Installation Procedure
Start the installer by inserting the Student Version DVD into the DVD drive.
Windows Systems — The installer should start automatically. If it doesn't, open the DVD in Windows Explorer. In the top-level folder on the DVD, double-click the MathWorks Installer, setup.exe.
Linux Systems — In a terminal window, navigate to the top-level folder on the DVD and execute the following command:
./install &
Depending on how your system is configured, you might have to mount the DVD first. Make sure you mount it with execute permissions, as in the following example. Note that the name of the DVD drive might be different on your system. For more information, see Mount the DVD on Linux Systems.
mount -o exec  /media/cdrom0
Macintosh Systems — Double-click the DVD icon on your desktop to open the DVD and then double-click the InstallForMacOSX icon.
So full of patronizing win!


Last edited by Stormageddon, Dark Lord on Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:59 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Mathworks is amazing)
avatar
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Posts : 120
Points : 2445
Join date : 2012-09-02
Age : 68
Location : ~1 AU from the sun*

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: No
Gamertag: Too poor to afford one
Clan Tag: Srsly

View user profile http://walkingdead.net/perl/euphemism

Back to top Go down

Re: An Epic Company Called...

Post by Eagle Eye307 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:41 pm

Oh, Apple. Being hypocritical since... well... forever.

_________________
Games I'm playing this month: Minecraft, Starcraft 2, Garry's Mod, League of Legends.



Two paths diverged in a wood. And I? I took the one less traveled by... and that has made all the difference.
avatar
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Posts : 9861
Points : 13704
Join date : 2008-08-20
Age : 25
Location : Boston

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: Parrot Wing
Clan Tag: V01

View user profile http://shiningepiphany.com

Back to top Go down

Re: An Epic Company Called...

Post by Applepie533 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:43 pm

Eagle Eye307 wrote:Oh, Apple. Being hypocritical since... well... forever.
That's not entirely true..

_________________
hi
avatar
Applepie533
General
General

Posts : 2594
Points : 6383
Join date : 2008-08-20
Age : 22
Location : Philly

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: Applepie533
Clan Tag: V02

View user profile http://shiningepiphany.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: An Epic Company Called...

Post by Eagle Eye307 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:50 am

Applepie533 wrote:
Eagle Eye307 wrote:Oh, Apple. Being hypocritical since... well... forever.
That's not entirely true..
YOU HYPOCRITE!

Present company excluded of course.

_________________
Games I'm playing this month: Minecraft, Starcraft 2, Garry's Mod, League of Legends.



Two paths diverged in a wood. And I? I took the one less traveled by... and that has made all the difference.
avatar
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Posts : 9861
Points : 13704
Join date : 2008-08-20
Age : 25
Location : Boston

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: Parrot Wing
Clan Tag: V01

View user profile http://shiningepiphany.com

Back to top Go down

Re: An Epic Company Called...

Post by Stormageddon, Dark Lord on Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:41 pm






So much win
avatar
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Posts : 120
Points : 2445
Join date : 2012-09-02
Age : 68
Location : ~1 AU from the sun*

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: No
Gamertag: Too poor to afford one
Clan Tag: Srsly

View user profile http://walkingdead.net/perl/euphemism

Back to top Go down

Re: An Epic Company Called...

Post by FlareonMaster on Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:46 am

I don't care what any of you say at this point in regards to Apple. I am an Apple fan and user and I am looking forward to the 5S, planning to get mine in October. Very Happy


_________________


avatar
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Posts : 21456
Points : 24382
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 24
Location : My House on Planet Earth

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: FlareonMaster
Clan Tag: V03

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/JonOlson94

Back to top Go down

Re: An Epic Company Called...

Post by Stormageddon, Dark Lord on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:38 pm

JonOlson94 wrote:I don't care what any of you say at this point in regards to Apple.  I am an Apple fan and user and I am looking forward to the 5S, planning to get mine in October.  Very Happy

avatar
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Posts : 120
Points : 2445
Join date : 2012-09-02
Age : 68
Location : ~1 AU from the sun*

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: No
Gamertag: Too poor to afford one
Clan Tag: Srsly

View user profile http://walkingdead.net/perl/euphemism

Back to top Go down

Re: An Epic Company Called...

Post by FlareonMaster on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:49 pm

Apple has created some very useful equipment for what I need to do with my education and my career.  I use Windows for certain things such as games, but in the end of it all, almost all of Apple's products is what I usually tend to buy.  That opinion of mine will not be changing, so I am sorry, but I will continue to like and support Apple products.  Very Happy

I am preparing to buy an iPhone 5S next month and next year I will upgrade my iPad.  In the years to come, seeing where Windows is leading, I tend to believe I will eventually be purchasing an iMac as well as keeping my Macbook up to date.

_________________


avatar
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Posts : 21456
Points : 24382
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 24
Location : My House on Planet Earth

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: FlareonMaster
Clan Tag: V03

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/JonOlson94

Back to top Go down

Re: An Epic Company Called...

Post by Stormageddon, Dark Lord on Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:04 pm

JonOlson94 wrote:Apple has created some very useful equipment for what I need to do with my education and my career.  I use Windows for certain things such as games, but in the end of it all, almost all of Apple's products is what I usually tend to buy.  That opinion of mine will not be changing, so I am sorry, but I will continue to like and support Apple products.  Very Happy

I am preparing to buy an iPhone 5S next month and next year I will upgrade my iPad.  In the years to come, seeing where Windows is leading, I tend to believe I will eventually be purchasing an iMac as well as keeping my Macbook up to date.
[Rant]

I'm sorry, but I almost always cringe when I read phrases like the one I bolded. The first thing I ask is, why will your opinion not change? There are then two directions this line of questioning can go: Either you are resisting change of your own free will, or there is something external preventing your opinion from changing (either an internal resistance or an external one). The latter category would cover everything from someone is drugging you to keep you from thinking, all the way to you have a time machine and went a ways into the future and found out that Apple is the best company ever (which I doubt, because almost all, if not all businesses are thinking of the same thing: money/success). I'm going to assume the resistance is internal, because the other category is ridiculous (unless someone IS drugging you, then I would apologize). Under this assumption, the whole statement comes down to making a stand on something.
There are very few beliefs/opinions to make a stand on: Religious beliefs and moral beliefs are the only two I can think of. This leads me to wonder why anyone would make a stand on a business. Of course, when you consider big businesses will do almost anything to save a few bucks (such as exploiting loopholes to pay less to the government), it becomes pretty clear that following a company is almost contradictory to moral beliefs.

Of course, this is all moot if you meant your opinion PROBABLY won't be changing, but then I have another rant ready for you.

[/Rant]

Awkward text to allow me to use the rant /rant while still having stuff written outside the rant tags.
avatar
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Posts : 120
Points : 2445
Join date : 2012-09-02
Age : 68
Location : ~1 AU from the sun*

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: No
Gamertag: Too poor to afford one
Clan Tag: Srsly

View user profile http://walkingdead.net/perl/euphemism

Back to top Go down

Re: An Epic Company Called...

Post by FlareonMaster on Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:08 pm

Stormageddon, Dark Lord wrote:
JonOlson94 wrote:Apple has created some very useful equipment for what I need to do with my education and my career.  I use Windows for certain things such as games, but in the end of it all, almost all of Apple's products is what I usually tend to buy.  That opinion of mine will not be changing, so I am sorry, but I will continue to like and support Apple products.  Very Happy

I am preparing to buy an iPhone 5S next month and next year I will upgrade my iPad.  In the years to come, seeing where Windows is leading, I tend to believe I will eventually be purchasing an iMac as well as keeping my Macbook up to date.
[Rant]

I'm sorry, but I almost always cringe when I read phrases like the one I bolded. The first thing I ask is, why will your opinion not change? There are then two directions this line of questioning can go: Either you are resisting change of your own free will, or there is something external preventing your opinion from changing (either an internal resistance or an external one). The latter category would cover everything from someone is drugging you to keep you from thinking, all the way to you have a time machine and went a ways into the future and found out that Apple is the best company ever (which I doubt, because almost all, if not all businesses are thinking of the same thing: money/success). I'm going to assume the resistance is internal, because the other category is ridiculous (unless someone IS drugging you, then I would apologize). Under this assumption, the whole statement comes down to making a stand on something.
There are very few beliefs/opinions to make a stand on: Religious beliefs and moral beliefs are the only two I can think of. This leads me to wonder why anyone would make a stand on a business. Of course, when you consider big businesses will do almost anything to save a few bucks (such as exploiting loopholes to pay less to the government), it becomes pretty clear that following a company is almost contradictory to moral beliefs.

Of course, this is all moot if you meant your opinion PROBABLY won't be changing, but then I have another rant ready for you.

[/Rant]

Awkward text to allow me to use the rant /rant while still having stuff written outside the rant tags.
I did in fact mean that I don't see a reason as to why I would stop liking their products, especially when I only keep liking them more and more over the past three or so years. I didn't mean my opinion would never change, but I assumed what I said would have gotten the point across. Then again, you like to over analyze everything I say about Apple simply for the sake of trolling.

Feel free to troll all you wish, but when it comes down to it, I am an Apple user. My opinion has not changed since I originally made this thread a few months ago other than I lost a lot more respect from Microsoft and have gained even more respect for Sony and especially Apple. That is my final statement on this thread. If you wish to continue to put Apple down, don't do it in my presence please, which includes the forums. If you want a more precise clarification as to my reasoning for choosing Apple, read the thread again.

_________________


avatar
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Posts : 21456
Points : 24382
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 24
Location : My House on Planet Earth

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: FlareonMaster
Clan Tag: V03

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/JonOlson94

Back to top Go down

Re: An Epic Company Called...

Post by Stormageddon, Dark Lord on Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:14 pm

JonOlson94 wrote:I did in fact mean that I don't see a reason as to why I would stop liking their products, especially when I only keep liking them more and more over the past three or so years.  I didn't mean my opinion would never change, but I assumed what I said would have gotten the point across.  Then again, you like to over analyze everything I say about Apple simply for the sake of trolling.  

Feel free to troll all you wish, but when it comes down to it, I am an Apple user.  My opinion has not changed since I originally made this thread a few months ago other than I lost a lot more respect from Microsoft and have gained even more respect for Sony and especially Apple.  That is my final statement on this thread.  If you wish to continue to put Apple down, don't do it in my presence please, which includes the forums.  If you want a more precise clarification as to my reasoning for choosing Apple, read the thread again.          
Then again, you like to over analyze everything I say about Apple simply for the sake of trolling.
First: yes, I DO like to troll, but not always. Second: Can you give me of an example of me doing this? Maybe that would job my memory, but I don't remember over analyzing anything you said about Apple...

Feel free to troll all you wish, but when it comes down to it, I am an Apple user.
Well, of the two most recent comments I made: The first one is a joke. The second one was serious (until the awkward text part at the end). However, as you said, you didn't mean your opinion would never change. That means the whole argument was moot, except for showing how I viewed the original statement (basically, it turns from a philosophical argument, to an english/communications argument).

If you wish to continue to put Apple down, don't do it in my presence please, which includes the forums.
Two things I can say here:

First I have to ask, why do you care? If I see a flaw in Apple Inc., I shouldn't point it out? I think most people would like to know if, say, Microsoft legally found a way to claim everything created on Windows is theirs (which would be a REALLY dumb business decision). Companies will perform better if people vote with their wallets, which requires knowing which company to vote for (just look at the stories on final fantasy 14).

And then there's this:

JonOlson94 wrote:So let me see if I get this straight. Windows 8 has failed. Surface tablet has failed. Xbox One will fail inevitably. So, what is next Microsoft? I used to believe in you so long ago... been a tough forty-eight hours...
So, bashing Apple is bad, but bashing Microsoft is okay? Honestly, I don't care if someone bashes company x (to some extent. If it's just a ridiculously crappy argument, then I care because stupid sucks), but how do you justify only allowing criticism on one company?

If you want a more precise clarification as to my reasoning for choosing Apple, read the thread again.
Last thing: When did I recently mention you shouldn't buy an Apple computer/phone/whatever? In my opinion, MOST people would be fine with Windows 7 (or 8 ), but I can only say that based on my experience with Windows and OS X operating systems, and whatever I find online about them. I can't actually tell someone the software you can use on Windows will be as good as the software that only works OS X, unless I've actually used the software, and know enough about alternatives. For example, I use MATLAB on windows, which is fine. I'm pretty sure most companies use MATLAB, so I'm pretty sure a Windows machine will be fine for MATLAB. Alternatively, I CAN talk about the OS experience, hardware, and price. The point of this is: I can't say everyone should get a Windows machine as there may be people who need to use OS X only software. However, considering MOST of the PC software is on Windows, it's reasonable to conclude most people would be fine with it (given a learning period, which applies to both OS X and Windows). I would tell someone who wants to do pretty much anything with video editing that many people say OS X is the way to go.
And for the phone, it pretty much comes down to personal preference (you'll get a smooth UI with plenty of apps and decent hardware on Android as well as IOS, if you buy the right phone). If you want to game, focus on one app at a time, take pictures (the iPhone has a pretty good camera): Go with an iPhone. If you want to customize, multitask, read (bigger screens help): Probably would want an Android Phone. Of course, there is more involved in the decision than this (ecosystems are a big one for some).

tl;dr : I'm not trolling, and bashing is good.
avatar
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Posts : 120
Points : 2445
Join date : 2012-09-02
Age : 68
Location : ~1 AU from the sun*

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: No
Gamertag: Too poor to afford one
Clan Tag: Srsly

View user profile http://walkingdead.net/perl/euphemism

Back to top Go down

Re: An Epic Company Called...

Post by FlareonMaster on Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:55 pm

JonOlson94 wrote:If you want a more precise clarification as to my reasoning for choosing Apple, read the thread again.          

_________________


avatar
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Posts : 21456
Points : 24382
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 24
Location : My House on Planet Earth

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: FlareonMaster
Clan Tag: V03

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/JonOlson94

Back to top Go down

Re: An Epic Company Called...

Post by Stormageddon, Dark Lord on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:23 pm

Stormageddon, Dark Lord wrote:would job my memory
Stormageddon, Dark Lord wrote:wood job my memory
Stormageddon, Dark Lord wrote:wood job my hard disk


I can haz spamz too
avatar
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Posts : 120
Points : 2445
Join date : 2012-09-02
Age : 68
Location : ~1 AU from the sun*

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: No
Gamertag: Too poor to afford one
Clan Tag: Srsly

View user profile http://walkingdead.net/perl/euphemism

Back to top Go down

Re: An Epic Company Called...

Post by doge on Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:19 pm

So far, I don't like iOS 7.
It randomly plays Rammstein and drains my battery
Sometimes unresponsivw.

So really, Apple isn't anything to fanboy about, Jon.
avatar
doge
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Posts : 1874
Points : 5843
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 21
Location : The slave boat

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: The Nibelsnarf
Clan Tag: CJ's Butthole

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Epic Company Called...

Post by Stormageddon, Dark Lord on Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:02 pm

Barry Stiffweiner wrote:So far, I don't like iOS 7.
It randomly plays Rammstein and drains my battery
Sometimes unresponsivw.
I just looked up Rammstein on wikipedia, and the page listed an associated act "Orgasm Death Gimmick." I can now truthfully say "My knowledge of Orgasm Death Gimmick came from Barry Stiffweiner." I'm not sure how I should feel about thinking of this, but at least I don't find "The Pedobear" delicious like someone else on the forum.
avatar
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Posts : 120
Points : 2445
Join date : 2012-09-02
Age : 68
Location : ~1 AU from the sun*

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: No
Gamertag: Too poor to afford one
Clan Tag: Srsly

View user profile http://walkingdead.net/perl/euphemism

Back to top Go down

Re: An Epic Company Called...

Post by Eagle Eye307 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:33 pm

On my campus some people are saying iOS 7 is girly. Is that true? I've only glanced at it so far.

_________________
Games I'm playing this month: Minecraft, Starcraft 2, Garry's Mod, League of Legends.



Two paths diverged in a wood. And I? I took the one less traveled by... and that has made all the difference.
avatar
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Posts : 9861
Points : 13704
Join date : 2008-08-20
Age : 25
Location : Boston

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: Parrot Wing
Clan Tag: V01

View user profile http://shiningepiphany.com

Back to top Go down

Re: An Epic Company Called...

Post by FlareonMaster on Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:15 pm

Barry Stiffweiner wrote:So far, I don't like iOS 7.
It randomly plays Rammstein and drains my battery
Sometimes unresponsivw.

So really, Apple isn't anything to fanboy about, Jon.
I beg to differ, I love Apple's products and just like any company, people can be a fan of it.


Eagle Eye307 wrote:On my campus some people are saying iOS 7 is girly. Is that true? I've only glanced at it so far.
I love it and could care less if people think that. It doesn't seem "girly" to me in the least. After using it for nearly a week, I would never turn back. Ended up buying the iPhone 5S 64GB two days ago too. Razz

_________________


avatar
FlareonMaster
Ultimate Poster
Ultimate Poster

Posts : 21456
Points : 24382
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 24
Location : My House on Planet Earth

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: FlareonMaster
Clan Tag: V03

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/JonOlson94

Back to top Go down

Re: An Epic Company Called...

Post by Stormageddon, Dark Lord on Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:47 pm

Eagle Eye307 wrote:On my campus some people are saying iOS 7 is girly. Is that true? I've only glanced at it so far.
Wow, thanks Siege. You just HAD to complain about something being girly. Now, instead of studying for my test tomorrow, I have to dig up some quotes/pictures/videos that depict why you shouldn't be complaining.

EDIT: Found it: https://youtu.be/sTSA_sWGM44

JonOlson94 wrote:
Barry Stiffweiner wrote:So far, I don't like iOS 7.
It randomly plays Rammstein and drains my battery
Sometimes unresponsivw.

So really, Apple isn't anything to fanboy about, Jon.
I beg to differ, I love Apple's products and just like any company, people can be a fan of it.  
True, being a fan is fine, but Barry Stiffweiner used the term fanboy.

To see examples of a fanboy, they are often found "commenting" on "tech" blogs or forums. The fanboy is a seemingly common creature, resorting to attacks on mental capabilities when intellectually frightened. The true challenge in hunting a fanboy lies in the process of finding a fanboy to hunt. Due to the natural trolling abilities, along with spontaneous reactions to disagreement, many who hunt the fanboy fall prey to the anger induced by the attacks, much like how a sailor falls prey to the siren's song. The fanboy and prey are locked in combat, until another hunter comes along. This hunter either joins the fray, also falling prey to the fanboy, or dispatches the fanboy and prey, confusing the prey for another fanboy. Indeed, the cycle of hunting fanboys is a gruesome task, often with little reward. The only reward for a fanboy hunter is the chance of a fanboy retaliation loop. This loop, which is a rare occurance, gives the hunter many recorded lulz, as well as fanboy tears, which are believed to be used in a cure for depression. Unfortunately, this loop tends to occur in the early life of a fanboy, if at all. In effect, if a fanboy is very young, the mother of the fanboy may well defend her offspring. As the mother is more mature, the combat is fierce, as she has much more experience in the arts of trolling and reacting irrationally. If ever approached by a mother of a fanboy, it is best to run, as few hunters are capable of vanquishing such a foe.



Barry Stiffweiner wrote:So far, I don't like iOS 7.
It randomly plays Rammstein and drains my battery
Sometimes unresponsivw.

So really, Apple isn't anything to fanboy about, Jon.
Barry Stiffweiner: I see you have been a member for almost 4 years and 4 months. I would like to inform you that if you suffer from a Stiffweiner for more than 4 hours, you should consult a doctor immediately, as well as ceasing intake of the viagra you are using.
avatar
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Posts : 120
Points : 2445
Join date : 2012-09-02
Age : 68
Location : ~1 AU from the sun*

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: No
Gamertag: Too poor to afford one
Clan Tag: Srsly

View user profile http://walkingdead.net/perl/euphemism

Back to top Go down

Re: An Epic Company Called...

Post by Eagle Eye307 on Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:41 pm

The link is a lie! And yeah, my friend showed me iOS 7 the other day. If I remember correctly she said she didn't like it at first but she's starting to get used to it now. I'm not really sure why people are saying it's girly, the GUI didn't look that different to me. But then again I don't use iOS on a daily basis so subtle changes wouldn't stand out to me.

_________________
Games I'm playing this month: Minecraft, Starcraft 2, Garry's Mod, League of Legends.



Two paths diverged in a wood. And I? I took the one less traveled by... and that has made all the difference.
avatar
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Posts : 9861
Points : 13704
Join date : 2008-08-20
Age : 25
Location : Boston

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: Parrot Wing
Clan Tag: V01

View user profile http://shiningepiphany.com

Back to top Go down

Re: An Epic Company Called...

Post by Stormageddon, Dark Lord on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:15 pm

Want to fake a sickness? There's an app for that!
avatar
Stormageddon, Dark Lord
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Posts : 120
Points : 2445
Join date : 2012-09-02
Age : 68
Location : ~1 AU from the sun*

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: No
Gamertag: Too poor to afford one
Clan Tag: Srsly

View user profile http://walkingdead.net/perl/euphemism

Back to top Go down

Re: An Epic Company Called...

Post by Salmarnir on Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:07 pm

I know I'm kinda late voicing an opinion on this topic, but I've been working crazy hours so it's not my fault Razz

I don't get into the Mac versus Windows debate anymore, it's pointless. I like the Mac OS more, but I'd never buy another Apple computer because of how overpriced they are (a dude typing on a Macbook Pro says Apple is overpriced?? asdkjfhasdfjkhb is he mad??)

I will, however, address iOS 7. Coming from a long time Apple user, this adaptation of mobile Mac seems buggy and full of glitches. It's been weeks since the update and the music player still freezes/quits on me randomly. Also, my phone will completely crash at times. A friend of mine couldn't get iMessage, iCloud or any apps to work for nearly a week. She had to have Apple restore her phone completely, losing everything. I don't think iOS 7 is any more girly than iOS 6, but it's certainly more glitchy thus far. It's fairly standard to expect weird things when a new OS comes out for any platform, but Apple doesn't seem to be doing much to fix bugs right now. The only reason I'm sticking with Crapple in regards to their phone is because of the ridiculous amount of music on my iTunes, and the fact I talk to all my friends using iMessage (when it works).

Rockstar is giving everyone who bought GTA V $500,000 in their bank accounts for all the stress the initial bugs GTA Online had. I think Apple needs to take a similar route and give everyone at least half a million dollars. That would appease any hard feelings, at least for me.

_________________
"You asked me to change but like a fool I refused, and walked away."


FEAR MITTY! Mitty
avatar
Salmarnir
General
General

Posts : 2401
Points : 6089
Join date : 2009-03-24
Age : 26
Location : Bloomfield Hills, MI

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: Mr Brandybuck
Clan Tag: V25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Epic Company Called...

Post by Desmond Miles on Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:20 pm

rofl ill take 500k

i have an ipad and so far ios 7 seems to be working for me, but i actually just got it back from apple store because being the klutz i am i dropped it a billion times and it was all cracked.

ill have to see if i get any problems with ios 7 freezing or whatever in the future.
avatar
Desmond Miles
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Posts : 2711
Points : 6672
Join date : 2008-08-20
Age : 23
Location : somewhere in the US

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag:
Clan Tag: V06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Epic Company Called...

Post by Eagle Eye307 on Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:33 pm

Salmarnir wrote:Rockstar is giving everyone who bought GTA V $500,000 in their bank accounts for all the stress the initial bugs GTA Online had. I think Apple needs to take a similar route and give everyone at least half a million dollars. That would appease any hard feelings, at least for me.
If Apple did that I'd be their biggest fan in a heartbeat! Razz

_________________
Games I'm playing this month: Minecraft, Starcraft 2, Garry's Mod, League of Legends.



Two paths diverged in a wood. And I? I took the one less traveled by... and that has made all the difference.
avatar
Eagle Eye307
SE Administrator
SE Administrator

Posts : 9861
Points : 13704
Join date : 2008-08-20
Age : 25
Location : Boston

Xbox Account
Xbox Live: Yes
Gamertag: Parrot Wing
Clan Tag: V01

View user profile http://shiningepiphany.com

Back to top Go down

Re: An Epic Company Called...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum